Thread: Interior Moose

Default Interior Moose

My brother is flying up next year from Montana in hopse to get a moose as a non-resident. A moose tag there is a 20 year gamble. But with the non-resident areas and me not being a pro moose hunter i would like some help on some zones. not looking to get pinpointed grids or anything and anything would be appreciated. I have 2 wheelers a canoe. I was planning something deep in 25c from the steese. I am trying to do a muti animal hunt so he dosnt waste his tag. He would like a caribou or moose. Not looking for handouts but just some helpful hints from all you pros. if you dont want to divulge your secret spot thats ok or even a private message.thanks

Default Interior Moose

A good resource is to look at the information supplied on the adfg website. The have all the harvest statistics located. I know for the Steese cow draw permit hunts the percent of harvest on about 20-30%. I am by no mean an expert but a beginner myself. It's hard to get people to respond to these types of post due to the fact they think your trying to move up on there spot and there's a lot of good replies to these already archived just do a search on the forum.

The Steese. 25C in 2012 had non resident moose as any bull. Thats kind of cool for a near a road hunt. Could foat Birch creek with a few hundred other people and see what happens. They might change the regulations this spring and make NRs take a 50 and 4 bull moose. You never know though.

He has very limited caribou options in 25C with the registration hunt. He could get a brown bear or a black bear. You would have to be his brown bear guide under second degree of kin.

Default Interior Moose

My brother is coming up from nd this fall and we have the haul road for caribou pinned for his hunt. The forty mile hunt in fall which is the only non resident option is not a safe bet. Opened for one day I hunted it but got the definition of combat hunting quickly.

Default Interior Moose

Are you military? Don't count out military lands not as bad as percieved

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by AK Ray View Post
    The Steese. 25C in 2012 had non resident moose as any bull. Thats kind of cool for a near a road hunt. Could foat Birch creek with a few hundred other people and see what happens. They might change the regulations this spring and make NRs take a 50 and 4 bull moose. You never know though.

He has very limited caribou options in 25C with the registration hunt. He could get a brown bear or a black bear. You would have to be his brown bear guide under second degree of kin.
    The BOG already met last spring for the interior... there should be no further changes to regulation until next interior cycle or mayhap the state wide meeting next year
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Ya i was aware of standing in as the guide for bears, and sheep. we plan on heading deep into 25c through the white mountains. The other option would be a brooks hunt. But i would prefer this one. He would be happy with a brown, a caribou, and a moose. I did the reading about being any bull thanks for the info about the BOG convening. There is a river at the quartz creek trailhead at davidson ditch. When you head down the trail into the wooded valley and cross a small creek and head up a steep hill to a ridge line with a small river in the next drainage. Does any one know which river this is and whether it is crossable on atvs. Its either bear creek or maybe beaver river. But appreciate the replies and hopefully more to come.

Just a fix on what i said earlier. He would be happy with one of any of the large game.