Thread: Knik Lake?

Default Knik Lake?

I'm looking to try a new spot this weekend. I was looking into trying out Knik lake since it's right down the road from my house. I saw they had 4 species in there, I'm just wondering if there is anything of any size, or am I looking at catching 8 to 14 inchers? I also saw that pike were introduced in the lake so have they ruined it? I probably should throw in some pike tackle just in case.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Might as well bring pike tackle too just in case. Those pesky pike are getting into every thing it seems!

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    I'm looking to try a new spot this weekend. I was looking into trying out Knik lake since it's right down the road from my house. I saw they had 4 species in there, I'm just wondering if there is anything of any size, or am I looking at catching 8 to 14 inchers? I also saw that pike were introduced in the lake so have they ruined it? I probably should throw in some pike tackle just in case.
    There was a kids fishing derby held there a couple years ago, (it was held at Finger Lake last year) and some kid caught a rather large rainbow. I can't recall exactly how large it was, but around 24". As a whole I think most of the fish in there are small stockers. Used to take a grand kid down there in the spring and catch small grayling.

Saw two big rainbows pulled from Finger Lake today.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

My buddy was helping out with his son's field trip out there, he said a little girl caught a monster from finger.

I have never caught a fish out of finger
    "f/64 and be there"

8"-14" should not be a problem at all at Knik Lake. I have fished there for several year sboth summer and ice, and I have yet to hook or see a pike in there. I have heard about them, and even watched a guy in a canoe that said he saw one and was trying to get it to hit, but again never seen one myslef there.
    I'm Pro-Pike.

I finally got out and gave the lake a shot today. Caught a lot of small salmon, ranging from about 8 - 10 inches right off the point. Bite was a little slow, but we still had fun. Got checked by the AST for the first time this year, glad I got my new license a few days back.