Thread: Where to find limbs for a non-current model bow?

Default Where to find limbs for a non-current model bow?

My wife has a 2008 (I think) Bowtech Equalizer with 30-40 pound limbs, but we want to get her the 40-50 pound limbs so that she can work her way up to a hunting draw weight. Any suggestions on where to look? I know that I can post an ad on archerytalk and hope for the best, but is there any retailer (online or local) who sells limbs for older bows?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    My wife has a 2008 (I think) Bowtech Equalizer with 30-40 pound limbs, but we want to get her the 40-50 pound limbs so that she can work her way up to a hunting draw weight. Any suggestions on where to look? I know that I can post an ad on archerytalk and hope for the best, but is there any retailer (online or local) who sells limbs for older bows?
    Brian I put in a call to a shop down in the states so will see what he can find for you.. Did you call bowtec

also Brian if you get a chance to talk to bowtec ask them what other limbs will fit...they usually make the same limbs for different bows the deflection will determine pounds.. also if they dont have limbs ask them if they have shims for the limbs to increase the pounds...not sure if bowtec ever did that though..

Save yourself the headache start with bt!

Full Curl in Anchorage is a bowtech dealer so they might be able to order the limbs for you.

Steve

Thanks for the advice, fellas. Looks like I need to spend a bit of time on the phone this afternoon.

Archerytalk.com is a good resource. I did a search and didn't find any available for sale right now, but barring other success, might be worth keeping an eye on it.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=103

Not sure if you do ebay or not but I sent this guy a message and he did have 40-50 pound limbs for the equalizer but only in black or firestorm grey, brand new.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123