Thread: Riding conditions near Talkeetna and Petersville

Default Riding conditions near Talkeetna and Petersville

Can anybody tell me how the conditions are around Talkeetna and Petersville area right now? Is there still snow around Petersville? Thinking about going up this weekend to go for a ride.

Talked to a guy yesterday who went out this past weekend and he said there was still allot of snow on the ground. He did mention a lot of moose were seen and so were bear tracks...brownies and baby blackies!

Default P-ville

I was up there last weekend. I camped behind the roadhouse and rode back into Petersville. The snow was too deep to cross on the road about 8 miles in. We motored thru the meadow and got around it but still didn't make it to the town. Sunday, we went back in and struggled to make it to the big cabin on the road just before going down the hill into Petersville. Ther ewas a big slide that covered the road and thought if we went down we wouldn't make it back out. It's a very tough ride right now. But give it a week and it should be fine. Saturday we didn't see any tracks but Sunday we saw 4 sets. All Brown bears. I'm going back next weekend to bring back the big one.

I was up there 2 weekends ago, made it to the beaver dam just before Petersville, I'm going back this weekend to give it another try.

As of yesterday Lots of snow and mud! If you want to have fun without working to get unstuck give it a week or two. If your like me and want to punish your wheeler and body I'LL SEE YOU THERE!!!!!