Thread: 22 Target Ammunition source / Shipping to Alaska

Default 22 Target Ammunition source / Shipping to Alaska

I am sure this has been touched on before but I am looking for current information. Looking for a source to buy from or means to ship ammunition to Alaska. In need of a bulk supply of high quality 22 target ammunition for rifle team practice. Open for suggestions on the ammunition but looking for something similar to SK Standard Plus Ammunition.

Any updates on shipping Ammunition to Alaska - How do you do it or who do you use to do it?

Any input would be appreciated. We are looking to replenish the school rifle teams ammunition as well as supply a few local shooters.

www.grafs.com

And they will ship via UPS to Alaska.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

I ordered three cases from CMP two-three years ago. They charged (I think) $20 extra for Alaska and sent it all FedEx to my doorstep.

Thanks for the replies so far - Any Alaska dealers out there that can supply 22 match ammunition?

Graf and Sons quote was $242.50 per case to ship to Alaska.

Call Carlile Transportation. They can give you a quote from their Tacoma terminal to your destination. Then get a shipping quote (UPS ground) from your ammo vendor dock to Carlile's dock in Tacoma. I think you'll be pleased with the relative cost.

There are a 1/2 dozen other transportation companies providing the same service to Alaska. Carlile does a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Superx View Post
    Call Carlile Transportation. They can give you a quote from their Tacoma terminal to your destination. Then get a shipping quote (UPS ground) from your ammo vendor dock to Carlile's dock in Tacoma. I think you'll be pleased with the relative cost.

There are a 1/2 dozen other transportation companies providing the same service to Alaska. Carlile does a great job.
    I have done this. Works. R
    ecommend you meet the weight limit for the minimum ship fee from Seattle. Get's the cost per case down. Check witht freight forwarder for the rates from Seattle.

I also shipped via FEDEX for $37 a case on 25 cases a few years ago.

The CMP ammo is Aguiala and shoots fine for me. Smells like Eley ammo when fired. Best freight rates I found, from CMP.

If you want the SK, I would contact the importer and order a big bunch, as for a team rate. We have done that with Federal quite a few times.

I think Ammo Cache in ANC stocks, so you might be able to tag on as well.

Hope that helps

I buy 22LR Match ammo from Brunos. Check them out and inquire. I'm not sure what their shipping policies are.

http://www.brunoshooters.com/Merchan...Store_Code=BSS

Under the search button just type 22 LR and a full list will pop up.

Thanks for the replies - Carlile is getting me a quote and I will check on the other leads.

CMP current prices:
    Aguila .22LR Caliber Target - 1200 fps.
    5000 Round Case

$305.00
    S&H $24.95 per case
    S&H to Alaska or Hawaii $39.95 per case

Any interest in getting a group buy put together? I'd be interested in a few thousand rounds of this.

What brand and model does your gun like. You can get federal at great northern guns and sk jadg and wolf rim fire at ammo king, NAND Papua at Wild West,

As a follow up - I sent my daughters 22 rifle barrel and action to the Lapua test facility in Arizona. They tested numerous lots of various ammunition to find which ones the rifle liked. They tested at 50 and 100 meters and sent me all the data to select what I wanted. Fortunately the rifle was fond of some of the cheaper ammunition I could buy for practice. Of course it did like a batch from each level and the higher grade the smaller the group. Interesting on how particular batches test - regardless of the ammo grade the gun did not like some batches at all.

Best 10 shot group at 50 meters (54yards) was Lapua Midas + , 12.91mm (1/2inch) outside diameter of a circle that completely contained all the shots. Stretched to 100 meters group expanded to 22.73 millimeters or .89 inches

Best of the less expensive ammunition was a batch of SK standard Plus that had a 10 shot group outside diameter of 14.64 mm or .57 inches.

The test facility allows you to pick what vendor/dealer you want to pay for your selection and then they ship the ammo right from the facility. Best method for shipping was UPS ground to Lynden in Fife Washington and by boat and truck to Fairbanks. Lynden has no problems or extra charges for the ammunition and the bigger the order the cheaper per case for shipping.

Pretty slick deal for the vendors they just collect the cash and pay the wholesale price to the distributor. No freight or product handling involved.

What make/model 22 did you send them?

Quote Originally Posted by rambling raven View Post
    As a follow up - I sent my daughters 22 rifle barrel and action to the Lapua test facility in Arizona. They tested numerous lots of various ammunition to find which ones the rifle liked. They tested at 50 and 100 meters and sent me all the data to select what I wanted. Fortunately the rifle was fond of some of the cheaper ammunition I could buy for practice. Of course it did like a batch from each level and the higher grade the smaller the group. Interesting on how particular batches test - regardless of the ammo grade the gun did not like some batches at all.

Best 10 shot group at 50 meters (54yards) was Lapua Midas + , 12.91mm (1/2inch) outside diameter of a circle that completely contained all the shots. Stretched to 100 meters group expanded to 22.73 millimeters or .89 inches

Best of the less expensive ammunition was a batch of SK standard Plus that had a 10 shot group outside diameter of 14.64 mm or .57 inches.

The test facility allows you to pick what vendor/dealer you want to pay for your selection and then they ship the ammo right from the facility. Best method for shipping was UPS ground to Lynden in Fife Washington and by boat and truck to Fairbanks. Lynden has no problems or extra charges for the ammunition and the bigger the order the cheaper per case for shipping.

Pretty slick deal for the vendors they just collect the cash and pay the wholesale price to the distributor. No freight or product handling involved.
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

This rifle was a Feinwerkbau 2700

Thanks for that follow-up. I did not know they would do that testing for someone. Very nice to know.

What did they charge for that?
    Semper Fi and God Bless

They charge $50 for the tests and ran 24 different batches of ammunition. Not sure what all guns they are set up to test. The pictures is the 50 meter page for one test run. If the first 10 shots look good they run 10 more to see if they can duplicate the group. They also check them at 100 meters while testing. There is also a new Eley test facility in Texas offering a similar service.