Thread: another halibut charter

Default another halibut charter

well we didn't think we would have a chance to get out on a halibut charter,
    this year so we didn't book one..
    now things are working out that we will have the chance..
    i know some of you fellas are captains on this board here.
    so i thought i would like to start the search here, (kinda like going with family)
    any of you captains got a six pack open for the 19th of June going out of Seward??? there is six of us so we could fill the boat..and only one puker among us..
    we would consider Homer also but prefer Seward though..
    also we have been talking to aurora charters anybody know anything good or bad about them?? pm me if you like..
    sounds like they have a boat with twin outboards open,, but it seems to me that they would be a hassle trying keep the fish from getting tangled up in the motors.
    can someone enlighten me on the difference of inboard versus outboard??
    thanks in advance for any and all help......
    Tyler

Thumbs up aurora charters

My brother and I went on one of their six packs. It was a great time. Lot's of Halibut 20-40 pounds and ling cod to 55 pounds. I also caught two fat silvers with my halibut rod jigging right below the boat. We went out towards montague island. I would definately recommend them.

PM sent! If you have any questions let me know!

Pm sent. Let me know if I can answer any ?'s.

Default Since no one else has metioned it . . .

As long as you keep your head about you, fishing on a boat with an outboard is no different than fishing on a boat with an inboard. Just don't do anything stupid. In fact, my favorite fishing spot on our boat (twin outboards) is straight off the back. Once you hook one, you just have to be a little bit careful and work the fish over to one of the sides to land it.

Don't let the fact that the 'potential' boat has outboards influence your decision one bit.

My .02 worth.

-- Gambler

thanks for all the help guys..
    i went with white bear charters.
    i talked with aurora, very nice people, and the impresion i got from there web site and with talking to them they were a class act,, it ain't no fun calling folks back and telling em you decided to go with someone else..
    i had to do it a few times today..
    part of the reason i didnt go with aurora, was the twin outboards..

sorry gambler..
    i am the one puker i mentioned above,, when i am out there i dont think i am
    capable of not doing anything stupid,, and my head gos about 2 minutes after my gutts start coming up.. and thats about 2 minutes after we pull away from the dock.. but i apreciate your input all the same..

good luck fishing everybody..
    Tyler