Thread: Finally picked up my bear rug from spring 2011 BIG THANKS TO RJ @ Pro Taxidermy

Default Finally picked up my bear rug from spring 2011 BIG THANKS TO RJ @ Pro Taxidermy

So after some bad dealings with another taxidermist out of whittier / anchorage and getting a truly HORRIBLE product RJ offered to fix the rug as best he could (honestly jesus himself could not have fully repaired what S**** out of Whittier/Anchorage did to my beautiful rug). RJ and I had been contacting each other from over seas while I was deployed and he had the rug for about 3 1/2 months working on it when he had time. I get a call earlier this week saying my rug was ready and to let RJ know when I would be in town so I jumped at the chance to make my way to Fairbanks. We loaded up the car with our 2 dogs and our daughter and the wife and I headed out. The weather was perfect on the way up (we did almost nail a huge bull moose but we managed to negotiate on the slick road around him). We arrived in tropical -30 below Fairbanks around 1130AM on Saturday and headed to RJ's shop. Once I walked in and saw his work first hand I was blown away, as his wife and my wife talked RJ and I were able to just shoot the Sh*t for a few and then his wife showed me photos of how the bear looked when it arrived to their shop (it honestly was hard to view the photos due to the unprofessional work of the prior taxidermy). My stomach was in knots looking over the photos and then I was offered a chance to see the repaired rug for the first time ever. As we went to the back room even my wifes jaw dropped as she had seen the bear when the last Taxidermist had what we assume purposely destroyed it and she was blown away with how much better it looked (you cant polish a turd but some how RJ was able to get some sparkle back into this nugget of horse manure that S**** produced). For what RJ had to work with the rug turned out amazing and I will update this thread with photos of the before and after (eyes are lazy eyed, ears were not done properly, the hide had slipped in several locations heavily and not repaired at all, S**** from whittier CUT THE TAIL OFF COMPLETELY, the mouth had Finger prints on the lips and there was no color or detail on the mouth, there was ZERO padding put into the rug, the felt was GLUED on in most areas, there was TONS of errors and problems with it). I am now proud to actually hang it on the wall even though it still has imperfections its repaired to the point that the average joe will not notice and RJ and his wife did an amazing job with what they had to work with and the time they did it in. I will always recommend RJ @ Pro Taxidermy his work is top notch!

THERE WILL BE AROUND 40 photos uploaded when his wife is able to email me with what all they did to repair it and the before and after photos.

Thank you again RJ and please tell your wife thank you as well and I will see you all at your Oregon shop here in a few weeks.

here is a quick cell phone picture I will take much better photos and I am sure RJ will chime in here any day now
    77064_10200097037137641_1832482799_n.jpghunt1.jpg

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

hunt2.jpg
    From the day it was shot

here are a few photos of the "before" aftermath
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...50#post1160750

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

You are More than welcome Ryan.

You & your wife are standing up for my rights & liberties by being in the military & this is just a small token of my apreciation to both of you.

On anouther note I cant believe that people can get away with putting out a Garbage specimen & expecting hunters to pay an extravagent price for that kind of unproffesional quality.

I have seen Beginners do a better job.

I am glad you like it now.

Good luck & thanks again for your service.

RJ Simington

Default Finally picked up my bear rug from spring 2011 BIG THANKS TO RJ @ Pro Taxidermy

Well done! Looks awesome!
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Its is great to hear a happy ending to this story Ryan. Thank you RJ for making it right even though you had nothing to do with what happened.

Big KUDUS to RJ and his wife for their efforts!

RJ and Theresa are nice people, and produce a great taxidermy product. Was very nice of him to fix your bear, I wouldn't expect anything less from RJ or his wife.

Hoytguy
    Quality Counts @ Dahlberg's Taxidermy

Default Re: Finally picked up my bear rug from spring 2011 BIG THANKS TO RJ @ Pro Taxidermy

Great job RJ! You've always put out tremendous work over the years.
    I'm leaving ktown for good and headed to AK in just 3 weeks. Not sure how I'm getting my mounts up there yet!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Just received the photos from RJ and his wife of the before and after. Sorry for the massive amounts of photos I just wanted to show what was done and what a "quality product" from the "other taxidermy" is (sarcasm)DSCF6340.jpgDSCF6341.jpg

Attachment 67432 Attachment 67433 Notice the bunching and lack of padding in the backing pad

(why he had to draw the lines in the hide has me baffled most people use the board to get their measurements lol)

99% of these photos are showing the lack of workmanship from the 1st Taxidermist who butchered the poor rug.

I will be posting photos of the rug after RJ got his hands on it in a short timeframe

HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS AFTER RJ WAS ABLE TO FIX SOME OF THE ISSUES.

more photos will be uploaded as them come in from RJ's wife as well as a statement of what all was done unless he feels like chiming in since he is now back in warm ol' Oregon while we are here in this very well air conditioned state of Alaska.

RJ Thanks again

Glad it worked out for you.You now have something to be proud of and relive menories.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Glad it worked out...RJ, oustanding job Sir..thank you for representing Taxidermy the way you do. Great Job!
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.