Thread: My son caught a big one :D

Default My son caught a big one :D

So I took my son out to one of the local Lakes here in Biglake, and not only did he catch one, but two big rainbows! The first one was 22 inches long and he wanted to keep it. So when he caught the second one that was 25 inches long he was pretty bummed when I told him we had to let it go lol. I forgot my camera at home so I wasnt able to get a picture of the bigger one, but here is the one he kept.

Here it is

You will cherish that picture in the coming years make sure you keep it.

Congrats Kiddo!!! Nice fish, I bet it felt good to outfish the old man huh!
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Awesome catch Big guy !!!! You show your dad how to catch them !!!! LOL !!!

Man you should have seen the look on ALL of our faces when he pulled that monster in lol. And then again when he caught one even bigger! Needless to say, hes hooked hahaha.

Definitely made me proud! Next time Im bringing the camera with us, I was kicking my self for not having the camera to catch a picture of the other one as it was not only bigger but even brighter (if you can imagine, the one in the pic is a gorgeous fish!) than this one. That and I would have loved to catch him on video bringing them in.

We fished one of those "secret" lakes my dad use to take me too as a kid. I wasn't sure if there were any good sized fish still in there, but obviously there are! One of those "hidden lakes" in the Biglake area hahaha. I want to go again this weekend, but we might have plans already I did notice though, we had bites left and right on and off every 30 minutes from 9-11:30 then nothing till 2:00 when we left.

Quote Originally Posted by bvtzy View Post
    Awesome catch Big guy !!!! You show your dad how to catch them !!!! LOL !!!
    Hey I caught two that were 4 inches long, LOL. I had a good one on too but didnt have it hooked good. Needless to say, my son showed me up yesterday hahaha.

We are fixing to have it for dinner too lol, funny how I have had red salmon fillets smaller then the fillets off that rainbow lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AllAlaskan View Post
    Needless to say, my son showed me up yesterday hahaha.
    Get used to it...!!!.....lol. My boy (now 22) has always been a die hard fisherman since he was small, and he has out fished me a number of times.

I LOVE IT...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Wow. Great fish there!

Outstanding....he should be FOW....great job!
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Great pic of the kid and fish. From the look on the boys face it says, " Dad made me throw the big one back!! Great job to you and son.

Ya he was bummed when I told him he had to let the other one go lol. He was still very excited to show mom his fish when we got home though. First thing he did when I opened the trunk was grab the bag that had his frozen by then fish and ran into the house yelling "mommy mommy, look what I caught!" lol.

Great pic thanks for posting! Looks like you got a fishing buddy for life. Heres to wishing you lots of great fishing trips in the future.

Thats Great "AA" and tell that son of yours congrats on two nice fish indeed!!!!!!!
    I'm Pro-Pike.

Nothing better than getting the kids out!Nice 'bow

Good job!! Bigger than a lot of the pike I caught this year.

Quote Originally Posted by AllAlaskan View Post
    First thing he did when I opened the trunk was grab the bag that had his frozen by then fish and ran into the house yelling "mommy mommy, look what I caught!" lol.
    What a Beauty of a fish,...I missed this one back when originally posted,...glad to see that bumped

this quote, (above) is such a Classic,....you know that means something,...good for Mom to hear also,...
    need to take the boy fishin' again," is so much more a convincing suggestion now, eh?

Good Job Dad

PS: I agree Heartily with the Camera along at ALL Times now,...they're getting used to it,...the boys I mean
    Cause if nothing else,..."They Grow Up So Darn Fast,..."
    seems like they're a couple inches taller every time we get out there,...and I just don't trust my memory banks that well
    the Camera comes along, everytime, and I make a point of shooting everyday stuff

will be treasures someday,....Heck they are NOW,....

So since this thread has been around a while,...
    I'll throw in a few, to motivate Dad's, along with the OP's "Lesson Learned,..."
    Just today, the lighting was poor,...and these are nothin' special,....but someday,...

Not to hijack the thread,...but boys photos, with their Big Fish,....Sand All their Adventurous ideas,...
    Such an Excellent Concept
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !