Thread: 1970s Cordova area big game guide

Default 1970s Cordova area big game guide

In the early 70s, I worked out on Hinchinbrook Island at Nuchek. There was a guide out of Cordova that ended up with a place there; and for the life of me I can't remember or come up with his name. I believe he was killed in a float plane accident. The site now is home to the Chagach Native Spirit Camp. Anyone able to help jar my memory?

You could contact the big game licensing folks. Every guide's GUA is public record and they should have that info in a database. Here is a link to point you in the right direction. http://commerce.state.ak.us/OCC/pgui11.htm

Couple guides that come to mind, Charlie Allen (I think Charlie was his first name) and Ed Bilderback. Ed just died of natural causes. Not sure about Charlie.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Thanks...but it wasn't Charlie Allen or Ed Bilderback. I believe he called his guide business Bear Cape Guides (or Lodge)...I've been asked about some old pictures of the area and kind of got sidetracked trying to figure out/remember what happened to the Lindahl cedar lodge that I worked on. Would have been very early 70s. Very neat times.