Thread: Hours Meter

Angry Hours Meter

Has anyone heard of an engines hours meter advancing inaccurately? I purchased this boat 2 years ago and the meter read around 400 hours. The first year I put on about 90 hours. Last year I went out 5 days but I never really looked at the meter. Know the meter reads about 2500 hours. Any thoughts?

I appreciate any input.

Default Hrs,

Thats, Funny i was differnt site River Jet boat forms talking about mine! I went out to mine realized i left the key on, added 46hr,s on mine and the boat hasn,t left the drive way. Icould hear it clicking every 6sec, Maybe theres, some power to it that recording, wonder how long before it would kill a batt.?

Quote Originally Posted by SusitnaAk View Post
    Thats, Funny i was differnt site River Jet boat forms talking about mine! I went out to mine realized i left the key on, added 46hr,s on mine and the boat hasn,t left the drive way. Icould hear it clicking every 6sec, Maybe theres, some power to it that recording, wonder how long before it would kill a batt.?

I wonder if that is it. I left my batteries in the boat this year with a trickle charger hooked up. I left the battery switch on by accident after working on it this winter but my ignition switch was off though. I bet your right.
    Thanks for the input.

Seasport,

I think you need to re-wire your hour meter to the ignition switch. Right now, I'm guessing that it's wired to a wire that's always hot (when the batteries are on).

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    Seasport,

I think you need to re-wire your hour meter to the ignition switch. Right now, I'm guessing that it's wired to a wire that's always hot (when the batteries are on).
    That would be my guess too. I have mine wired to the ignition switch. Works fine.

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Another reason why a person should never pay attention to the hour meter when shopping for a new boat
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Another reason why a person should never pay attention to the hour meter when shopping for a new boat

It should 000 for a new boat!

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Seasport View Post
    Has anyone heard of an engines hours meter advancing inaccurately? I purchased this boat 2 years ago and the meter read around 400 hours. The first year I put on about 90 hours. Last year I went out 5 days but I never really looked at the meter. Know the meter reads about 2500 hours. Any thoughts?

I appreciate any input.
    rewire your hour meter to the ignition so that the meter only advances when the ignition is on. I have seen this issue on a few boats that I have been on and it is a easy fix, should take you less than 30 minutes.

Default Meter

Try to think about the time, and well you get it ,Good advice from the others, About 56.00 And just think you could have a new boat, Hmmmmm....