Thread: I Let Him Go

Default I Let Him Go

Well, I let this one go and two other bucks, because I have already taken a buck the size of the one in the picture. I saw 7 does, three bucks. The three bucks were a five point, 6 point and what would have been an 8 point, but one side was gone and must have been broken off in a fight. You can take three bucks a year and three does a day in TN but I already had some meat in the freezer from the first day hunt in Mississippi and I want a big one. So outside of having fun and taking some cool pictures below, I came up empty of horns but was not empty of a good time.

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Shouldn't this be in the "Non-Alaska-Non-Shooting" category?

Just kidding! Nice pictures, very clear and great lighting. The rainbow is cool!

It just goes to show again that you don't have to shoot something to be hunting. Looks like to me you had an outstanding day in the field!

Yes, it was a good time indeed
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

+1 just because of the beautiful pics and bringing me back memories of whitetail hunting...

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    +1 just because of the beautiful pics and bringing me back memories of whitetail hunting...
    I am glad that my post brought back good memories.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

ya know Beartooth it really did.. I have been fortunate to hunt and or guide most critters around here and some others as well BUT there is just something about those dang whitetails.. just remembering those crisp mornings hearing the the leaves crunch behind you and peeking over and there they are coming under the stand... man those were great days...

They truly are gray ghost. All of a sudden there they are standing right in front of you and you wonder at times how you missed them stepping out when you were looking in that very direction.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Nice pics BT! Those bucks are like mushrooms that just "pop"up at times aren't they!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Nice pics BT! Those bucks are like mushrooms that just "pop"up at times aren't they!
    Yes my friend, they indeed just pop up at times.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Quote Originally Posted by beartooth View Post
    All of a sudden there they are standing right in front of you and you wonder at times how you missed them stepping out when you were looking in that very direction.
    Believe it or not I've had that happen a few times when calling moose.

Never have hunted whitetails, but from everything I've seen and heard, it's pretty addicting.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!