Thread: sometimes

Default sometimes

You get lucky.For a couple years been looking for a old Ruger Bearcat hammer and now have one coming.Got a set of all internals and a cylinder on e-bay last year. The hammer in the gun works but there is no halfcock notch left.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Default good deal...

Lady luck was smiling on you - congratulations! The Bearcats are neat guns but the one I have won't shoot worth a dang - I guess I'm just unlucky

I got a number of lucky buys off ebay on gun parts including a pre-64 Win Mdl 70 barrel in .300 Savage. But I think ebay has now set a lot of gun stuff as off-limits including barrels. You buy a dope pipe off ebay but not a gun barrel - go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    You get lucky.For a couple years been looking for a old Ruger Bearcat hammer and now have one coming.Got a set of all internals and a cylinder on e-bay last year. The hammer in the gun works but there is no halfcock notch left.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

My eldest son who lived in Glauchester Ma. bought an old model Bearcat for his youngest son just prior to his untimely death from a motorcycle accident. It has adjustable sights added much like Clements now does but, looks to be original J frame sights. No change of parts by Ruger. daughter-in-law left it at my place when she returned to the sucker state, no FOID card. Not my gun.
    tvfinak, I agree, strange world we live in:
    But I think ebay has now set a lot of gun stuff as off-limits including barrels. You buy a dope pipe off ebay but not a gun barrel - go figure.

Steve

Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Got mine back in the days when it was still Sturm Ruger, and the logo was red. That was before Sturm went west . . . . .

The one I have is pre medallion on grips four digit# 1961

No medallian but, grips appear to be aftermarket? No where as neat, mine has a what looks to be glued on fiberoptic tube front sight. Wish I had some pixs.
    Steve