Thread: Hatcher Pass Snowmachine use area map

Default Hatcher Pass Snowmachine use area map

I was reading the planning document for the Hatcher pass rec area and they mentioned that there were maps for the new snowmachine open/closed areas. Does anyone have a link to that map that can be printed (has enough resolution)? The map in the planning document was not sufficient.

I think volunteers from a club were going to be handing them out in the parking lots but I thought I could review it early since there is no snow.....

Took some serious googling, they sure don't make it easy to find the map and it doesn't display any boundries of where you can ride.

http://www.alaskavisit.com/includes/...atcherpass.pdf

Here's a good link for snow conditions for multiple areas

http://www.anchoragesnowmobileclub.c...il_reports.htm
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

HPM MAP copy.pdf

This is the map I am referring to

Thanks for the links.

The Superintendent of HP spoke to us last month at our meeting and mentioned the new plan hasn't been signed off as law yet, and to go by the current open areas until it gets signed off by the LT Governor. He mentioned maybe sometime in Jan/Feb before we know for sure.

If someone involved in this project wants to contact me, we would be happy to host a map like that on the site. Shoot me a note.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by akjeff64 View Post
    The Superintendent of HP spoke to us last month at our meeting and mentioned the new plan hasn't been signed off as law yet, and to go by the current open areas until it gets signed off by the LT Governor. He mentioned maybe sometime in Jan/Feb before we know for sure.

Thanks for the update.