Thread: Byers lake

Default Byers lake

Hey guys, went out to Byers lake yesterday for the first time. This was my first outing of the season and it was a great day of fishing. Hooked 3 pretty nice Lake trout. Caught the first one 5 minutes into fishing. The Ice was about 2.5 feet thick and all i had was an ice pick so I didnt do much exploring. I want to go up there again but this time for burbot. Can anyone who has fished the lake lead me to a general area to try for them?

Quote Originally Posted by apmoses View Post
    Hey guys, went out to Byers lake yesterday for the first time. This was my first outing of the season and it was a great day of fishing. Hooked 3 pretty nice Lake trout. Caught the first one 5 minutes into fishing. The Ice was about 2.5 feet thick and all i had was an ice pick so I didnt do much exploring. I want to go up there again but this time for burbot. Can anyone who has fished the lake lead me to a general area to try for them?
    3 pretty nice lake trout, how big were they? I can PM you some info, when are you heading back up?

They were 18-22-24. Best day of lake trout fishing ive had on the road system. I am heading up to Fairbanks tomorrow for a few days. I was going to stop and check the lake to see how much snow has dropped. Hopefully I wont need to break out my snow shoes yet. Im planning on making an overnight trip sometime next week so any info would help.

apmoses, tried to send you a PM, didn't work, guess you have it turned off or don't have enough posts yet... do you have an email address?

where were you fishing on the lake?

Sorry I didnt have it turned on. you can email me at angalga@gmail.com if it the PM doesnt work again.

I started fishing near the Cabins in about 6 feet of water for the day then my buddy went straight accross the lake from the cabins. During the evening I moved closer to the parking lot.

thanks for the report, I am very interested this sounds like a fun trip.fished there about 23 years ago in the summer no luck.