Thread: Coyote wearing bracelet! :)

Default Coyote wearing bracelet! :)

Took this nice female today on a trench set in a new MB650. Trap had to power through wet soil that had a bit of frost on it, impressive dbl paw catch! Thought I was really going to have a treat for you fellas as I had a trail cam set up on it but for some reason it did not work - Drats! Oh, drove 2 1/2 hrs for a medical test and lost my blanken wallet in the hospital also - rough day!

When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

nice and pretty yote you have though on the bright side.

Default That don,t happen often

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanfever1 View Post
    nice and pretty yote you have though on the bright side.
    Where in illinois are you at

Had rain last 2 days and more to come - YUK! So far its been warm enough for the "big" traps to come thru the muck but missed 4 fox this week on sets due to heavy soil conditions. Supposed to rain more tomorrow and turn to snow, started remaking sets today with peat moss and lightening up the pan tension to almost zero. Peat works nice but tough to bed the traps solid..
    Caught this red female coyote today in a MB650. Trap was a solid mudball, but got it working I hope and remade the set!
    I am located about 30 miles north of Spfd., IL Outdoor 1.
    This was a flat set using a clup of grass for background, Violator 7 lure.
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Another pic, sorry if they are fuzzy but these are off my phone..

Use to do some yote hunting around Farmer city.No shortage of yotes around there

Here is remake of this set. The coyote had pretty well destroyed the grass clump I had used a a backdrop so I dug a new one up and transplanted it. Today I had a pair of coyotes really circle this set and dug it a bit due to the soft peat moss. We had a steady rain for 2 days so pretty tough to work with mud. The point here to young trappers is think a bit, if you have a catch that ruins your set look around and see what you can do to remake it. there are usually options.