Thread: Recommendation on Polarized Sunglasses

Default Recommendation on Polarized Sunglasses

There used to be an advertizing link in this forum for polarized sunglasses but don't recall the name of the business. Supposed to be the best out there. Anyone care to recommend a good brand to spot fish and a possible web link?

Thanks...

Disregard...remebered it was HaberVision.
    Last edited by TruBluTex; 05-02-2007 at 23:08.

for fishing alaska you have to try the cabela's TR3 fisherman glasses, sure you aren't the most stylished pearson out there but they are the bomb I used them the past two summers on a counting tower in bristol bay they worked on the bright days but also (this is the most improtant feature for most of alaska) they worked just as good on cloudy days and in low light situtaions I have a pair my self now love them. http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...sses&noImage=0

whatever you do get tan ones
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default Sun Glasses

Maui Jims are the probably the best, but be prepared to pay a couple of hundred bucks for them. I have the glasses with the rose colored, and polarized lenses. They work great for sunny and overcast days. Easy to spot fish, plus they protect your eyes from harmful UV rays.
    Last edited by Steelieguy; 05-03-2007 at 12:10. Reason: spellien error

Default Flying Fisherman

Flying Fisherman seem to be pretty good. They are priced nicely too. http://www.flyingfisherman.com

Default Nice

I own the latest generation of REVO polarized wraps and they are worth the money. zero color distortion and the best protection with quality that I have seen only in Serengetti and some Maui Jim's. Nasa uses the same glass for the shuttle, used to have REVO make it for them... if it's good enough for the astronauts in space with no radiation protection.......
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Checkout Costa Delmars.

http://www.costadelmar.com/

Default Habervision

You can`t go wrong with the Habervision.Don`t forget the pass word for the discount.

In Florida I wore Maui Jims all the time.... rose or black lenses in a typhoon frame were great for me.

Now they've changed the style a bit (I don't like the new Typhoon) and I can't get them up here, so I've found a pair of Costa Del Mars that I wear...

both are great on the water.

-Case
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I love the polar eyes amber $50. good bargin
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Smith Action-Optics for me. Their photochromic Clearwater Copper lenses can be worn from sun-up to sundown.

And their Rx service is first class.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Default Specific Suggestions

Can anybody tell me their specific recommendations/experiences for polarized fishing glasses? "specific" meaning brand name, style, lense type, etc....other than whats already been posted.
    My vision is 20/20 so no Rx is necessary,
    Thank You

i get mine at walmart or even at gas stations, i usually stash a pair in my rig, my canoe bag and carry the pair i like best that way if i lose or break a pair i got a back up. Whoever my fishing buddy might be is always obliged if they came without. cant go wrong for 10$ a pair either. i havent ever tried a pair of nice glasses so couldnt tell yah if theres that big ah difference in the cheapos or nice ones.

Vector frame, clearwater copper lenses by Smith/Action Optics. I use 'em year 'round, even ice fishing.

My wife and I chose the Smith Action Optics Guides model with the Polarchromic Copper lenses. No complaints at all and they replaced mine with no questions when I broke the earpiece.

Akbighorn

Where can I get a pair whats the web site or did you get them local Wasilla?

3 Rivers has them here in Wasilla. You can look at them here http://www.smithoptics.com/Guides-Choice_86_60.html keep in mind you can get a combination of lenses and frames. I chose the black frames and my wife got the Tortoise frame both with Polarchromic Copper lenses.

You can also do a search for a store, apparently there are 24 stores between Girdwood and Wasilla that carry them. Outdoors and More is another place listed.
    Last edited by AKBighorn; 05-07-2007 at 02:03. Reason: addition

Decided to give the "Nice" model off the HaberVision rack a try. Will let y'all know how they turn out.

http://www.habervision.com/index.aspx

good choice, you will love them!!