Thread: 20 degree trolling

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default 20 degree trolling

went to check a spot that produces some nice winter kings and found a rockfish and one red king, I lost 2 rigs to sharks! I'll rig for sharks and kings and see what happens tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakcombo View Post
    went to check a spot that produces some nice winter kings and found a rockfish and one red king, I lost 2 rigs to sharks! I'll rig for sharks and kings and see what happens tomorrow.
    Nice! Glad you've got a harbor you can get out of! We'll have to live vicariously through you for at least a few days.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley Crew Fishing View Post
    Nice! Glad you've got a harbor you can get out of! We'll have to live vicariously through you for at least a few days.
    one the news I saw that some residence are using dynamite to clear ice jams!, seems you guys could do the same in your harbor.
    www.kodiakcombos.com

one the news I saw that some residence are using dynamite to clear ice jams!, seems you guys could do the same in your harbor.
    Hmmmmmmmm......
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Charterboat Operator

Awesome!!!!!

could not find my shoulder harness, hooked up with something big with salmon rig, snapped off after chasing it for about 10 minutes, then my shark rig got bit had a clamp on waist holder for rod but and stood up with this beast for about half hour! I was soo close but I pulled the hook out! had another bite but it didnt get hooked, someday I'll land em and post pictures!! Lost 2 salmon riggs!
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Salmon sharks?

could not find my shoulder harness, hooked up with something big with salmon rig, snapped off after chasing it for about 10 minutes, then my shark rig got bit had a clamp on waist holder for rod but and stood up with this beast for about half hour! I was soo close but I pulled the hook out! had another bite but it didnt get hooked, someday I'll land em and post pictures!! Lost 2 salmon riggs!
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhunter01 View Post
    Salmon sharks?
    Just assuming salmon sharks, looks like shaved leaders! and very heavy fish. trolling a herring at 75 ft in 175ft of water, I got a hit and tightened the drag to what feels like 50lbs, I lean back and am pulling and holding on for dear life. It makes several slow runs with heavy drag( I learned not to let them run) as I was retrieving line the hook pulled out.
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Sounds like a Salmon Shark. Pretty interesting animals. I had never seen or heard about the study until a friend of mine just recently sent me a link to the site that covers the tagging of some of these sharks in the PWS area. Check it out on this site: http://www.topp.org/species/salmon_shark . It gives an indication about how much we have to learn about this species. (The Elephant Seal tagging infomation is pretty interesting, too.)