Thread: Kenai predator hunting

Default Kenai predator hunting

I'm gonna be trying my luck this winter at some predator hunting. I was gonna be checkin out spots from Nikiski, all the way out to Sterling and mystery creek rd area. Was wondering if anybody has had any luck so far this winter. And if anybody was in the area might have some tips, or areas to look around. And if anybody is looking for a partner, I'm willing to go out and learn a few things. Also am looking for an E-Call, if anyones got one that they might wanna sell.

Default Kenai predator hunting

Hey! I'm looking to do the same thing, same areas, I think I might head out tomorrow for the day, I'm new to predator calling up here but I've done it for wolves in southeast growing up. I'm based in anchorage but am traveling to kenai areas to hunt. Maybe we could hook up a few times and try our luck!?

Quote Originally Posted by akhunt11 View Post
    I'm gonna be trying my luck this winter at some predator hunting. I was gonna be checkin out spots from Nikiski, all the way out to Sterling and mystery creek rd area. Was wondering if anybody has had any luck so far this winter. And if anybody was in the area might have some tips, or areas to look around. And if anybody is looking for a partner, I'm willing to go out and learn a few things. Also am looking for an E-Call, if anyones got one that they might wanna sell.
    you would be surprised how close to town critters are..
    but dont plan on seeing any foxes..but anywheres out in sterling has yotes, and wolves, and depending where u are cats. watson lake area, up the moose r are a few to
    start...there are quite a few yotes on peninnsula and may get lucky and kill one of them really big coyotes! kill em all! good luck

not saying nikiski or other areas arent good callin, thats just where i focused

yep them coyotes are close to town...

Haven't done any yet but got all the gear to head out when I get back home next wednesday. From messaging and talking to others I am going to try out Swanson river road. I personally have no experience but just figured I would relay what others have told me. If you are looking for someone to go with I will be home like I said the 12th for three weeks and plan on being out quite often. Shoot me a PM if interested.