Thread: Iron sights for a 450 Bushmaster ????

Default Iron sights for a 450 Bushmaster ????

I am buying a 450 Bushmaster AR & would like to keep it OPEN sights but it is a flat top model.

Does anyone know if there is an after market iron sight you can put on them.

My main reason for no scope on this rifle is I have been having trouble with scopes in the hard rain or dense fog.

If I had iron sights at the time I could have made the shot instead of having to let em walk off because I cant see through the muck in the scope.

Ive tried all kinds of Lens caps & anti fog stuff, NON have worked good enough.

Thanks
    RJ Simington

Default Iron sights for a 450 Bushmaster ????

Go to brownells or midwayusa. There are plenty of options.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

do you have a picatiny rail on the front gas block? if so then "there are plenty of options" is an understatement.
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Daniel Defense or Troy fixed front and rear sights. Works if you have a rail forend. Need a different front sight if you have a railed gas block; I know Yankee Hill makes one.

Very hard to beat the Daniel Defense front and rear sights. They are completely bulletproof.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I'd think about a rear peep sight. After mounting, unscrew and throw away the small peep, and use the housing itself as the rear sight. VERY quick, and MOST accurate. With standard rear leaf sights, the eye has to be aware of three points: rear sight, front sight, and target. With a peep sight, only two points are used: front sight and target. You'll be surprised at the consistently excellent results from this combination. The sights seem to center themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly 2 View Post
    I'd think about a rear peep sight. After mounting, unscrew and throw away the small peep, and use the housing itself as the rear sight. VERY quick, and MOST accurate. With standard rear leaf sights, the eye has to be aware of three points: rear sight, front sight, and target. With a peep sight, only two points are used: front sight and target. You'll be surprised at the consistently excellent results from this combination. The sights seem to center themselves.

Seriously?
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly 2 View Post
    <~~~~~~~~~ Squinting real hard at that post after reading it over and over and wondering if something was lost in translation of print-to-brain.

Brownell's has several options for BUIS for ARs. The one's I like have the rotating drum apperture similar to the ones found on the HK rifles and sub-guns.
    Now what ?