Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY Sheep Hunt Video Release - Lace 'em Up

Default DIY Sheep Hunt Video Release - Lace 'em Up

After years of dreaming, planning and finally putting it all together, Scott and I are very excited to announce the launch of Lace 'em Up, our first sheep hunting video. This 2-disk set is the first ever how-to DIY sheep hunting video. Videos are available for purchase at our website: www.provingtrailadventures.com. The site has lots of information including what Proving Trail Adventures is all about, the story of my 10-year quest to take a walk-in ram from every Alaska Mountain range, the Proving Trail blog, gear lists and more. We are celebrating the release and watching the premiere at our gala event on December 15th. Attached is the event flyer. See you there!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I ordered a copy. Looking forward to watching it!

You guys might remember Scott and Steve from a very popular thread that was posted in September, "Seven Mountain Ranges, Seven Rams, Two Legs". I spoke with Scott back then and he told me that the release of this two-DVD set was imminent. Congratulations, guys, on getting this out to the public. A huge accomplishment indeed!

I just watched both disks last night. Really great job, guys! These DVDs are a huge contribution to the sheep hunting community, and are full of practical know-how learned the hard way- on the sheep mountains in sometimes-severe conditions. Not to mention that they're fun to watch. The first disk goes into trip planning, physical conditioning, gear and scouting. The second puts it all together on an actual on-foot sheep hunt involving a 21-mile overland hike off the road system. They even included some bonus field footage on how to cape out your ram. Both of the men will be present at the premier, which is scheduled for Saturday, December 15th from 6:30-9pm, at Wayland Baptist University auditorium, 7801 E. 32nd Avenue, Anchorage (it's the old Parkside Church building, off Muldoon, if you know where that is). If you're in the Anchorage area on December 15th, stop on by and check it out! Should be really good.

We don't normally allow commercial announcements in our forums unless they are from the forum sponsor, but I am making an exception in this case, as this event is of broad interest to the sheep hunting community.

Here's a preview:

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

is this something we can order from your website? I unfortunately have a "ugly sweater party" my wife has committed us to. cant wait to see the video

Looks awesome as someone coming to Alaska for his first dall hunt in August I can't get enough of the white sheep!

Man those packs look heavy...!!!........lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Have my copy coming. Should be a great diversion and incentive over the winter.

good thing its a sheep video, they removed my thread about my bear video....sheep have always been held in a special place. good time of year to have a video out, thats what keep some of us hangin' on thru these long windy snowless days!!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I have your bear video Jake, it is a client favorite!

Steve, I will be getting one for the lodge as well, I am proud of you fellas and your quest. Impressive indeed, thanks for posting.
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    good thing its a sheep video, they removed my thread about my bear video....sheep have always been held in a special place. good time of year to have a video out, thats what keep some of us hangin' on thru these long windy snowless days!!
    So sheep is ok, but bear is not?
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

apparently.....
    Master guide 212

No, that's not the case. Mike worked out a advertising deal with the makers of this film. This isn't a blanket exception, nor is it species-based. A deal was made regarding advertising, so this posting is thus allowed per our forum rules.

Just 55 miles north of ANC ... on the lake

so any change forum members are getting a one time Christmas good deal, (discount?)...sheep prep is on my 2013 short list...looking forward to seeing it, but can't make the premier as out of town...might send one of the boys thou...

thanks..

why weren't the rest of us offered an advertising deal? i'm not the only one that had a video post removed... don't kid us brian....specie has something to do with it....always has when it comes to sheep.
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    No, that's not the case. Mike worked out a advertising deal with the makers of this film. This isn't a blanket exception, nor is it species-based. A deal was made regarding advertising, so this posting is thus allowed per our forum rules.
    With all due respect, that's not how it comes across in this statement..........We don't normally allow commercial announcements in our forums unless they are from the forum sponsor, but I am making an exception in this case, as this event is of broad interest to the sheep hunting community......................Sounds exactly like it reads.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Guys, I will get Mike back on here to clarify. In the meantime, lets try to keep this thread from becoming a referendum on our advertising policies. Mike and I are always willing to discuss such issues via PM or over the phone.

Brian, its just funner this way...no ones gettin' hurt, no bashing going on, just harressing the managment, we all know how much fun it is to try to stick it to "the man"....
    Master guide 212

good thing its a sheep video, they removed my thread about my bear video....!
    So how do we get this elusive bear video....

and to remain on topic.... Can't wait to watch Lace 'em up!
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

lol i'm not allowed to say how to get the video...HA i'd like to see lace 'em up too!! least we keep this thread bumped up top so they get some good air time with this thread!! cool videos are way cool...i love watched hunting videos in the dead of the depressing winters!!
    Master guide 212

Brian, its just funner this way...no ones gettin' hurt, no bashing going on, just harressing the managment, we all know how much fun it is to try to stick it to "the man"....
    Well, as "the man" in question, I should probably offer a little more insight here-

Scott and Steve have offered to produce some original, unpublished content for a new section of the site on Dall sheep hunting in exchange for our help in promoting their video. We don't normally do this, and I want to be cautious about doing too much of it (I think this is the first time, actually). That said, we could entertain similar arrangements on a case-by-case basis. We're always looking for good content.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast