Thread: Anyone familiar with fishing the Ketchikan area?

Default Anyone familiar with fishing the Ketchikan area?

Hey guys,
    My wife and I passed through Ketchikan this summer and did a little, unguided, fishing in the downtown area. Did not care for that type of fishing. Met a couple who had made arrangements with some store owner downtown, near the bridge, and were taken outside of town to fish a stream. They caught a lot of fish, mostly chum. For us chums are fine since we don't keep any fish, just want to catch and release. The couple said they would give us the store owners name later in the day but it never happened. I would like to make contact with someone who is familiar with fishing in the Ketchikan area. Would really like to find this stream since we will be back through Ketchikan in the not too distant future. If we know the name and location of the stream we can take a taxi to try our luck.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Charlie

When are you going to be in Ketchikan? The fishing is diffrent week to week aroud there! I was in the Coast Guard there for 6 years, and my wife was born there.

MGD55,
    We will probably be there either the last week in July or the first week of August. Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

If you prefer, we can communicate via email or PM.

Charlie

The KTN road crosses a few creeks, but in all probability the creek in question is Ward Creek, about 7 miles out the road.

You can rent a skiff for a self guided trip from Clover Pass Resort.
    I have had some great silver fishing in Aug here.
    http://www.cloverpassresort.com/