Thread: 4-Stroke Auger

Default 4-Stroke Auger

So I was told about a new 4-stroke ice auger by strkemaster, was wondering if anyone has had a chance to see one of these in action know of anyone that actually has one. I know of one for sale but would like to know how they are performing on the ice.

http://www.rapala.com/HL-8/HL-8,defa...auger-gasPower

all I know is the MFG. of the ENG. normaly it is a good unit

One thing to keep in mind that it is a shaver style blade as opposed to the ripper/chipper style blades.
    If you cut through dirty ice (especially glacial silted) the blades get dull very quickly.

I have seen a youtube video of a 6 year old starting this new auger. But who knows how well they start at -40.
    My guess is they have a primer like my snowblower so it shouldn't be an issue.
    Plus the motor is a Honda!!! Way better than the cheap Chianese motors available on most augers these days.
    These augers are smaller @ 8" as well, which isn't an issue for most fishing but if you catch big lakers or pike it can make things difficult.

Looks like a really nice auger though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37V3T-Ir3ow

I have a Honda brush cutter (4S), gold dredge, outboard and ATV. If this has the reliability of Honda that I have grown to know, I'd buy one. The price seems to be in line with the other augers in this price range too.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Don't know anyone running a 4 stroke Strike Master but we run the new Jiffy 4-stroke and have been really impressed so far. We are looking forward to putting it through the paces in extreme temps and thick ice later this season but so far its certainly holding its own.

It is the same motor as the larger honda weed wacker. Reliable motor, yes, but I don't understand whats wrong with 2 stroke?