Thread: Questionable trigger design??

Question Questionable trigger design??

I've been examining a firearm of recent design & manufacture. If my observations are correct, the trigger sear and bolt stop are one and the same. I'd like the opinion of mechanical engineers or professional gunsmiths out there about this. If my observation is correct, is it wise to be combining these two functions? Is there any precedent for this? It would seem to me to be setting the trigger sear up for failure from the impact that it gets as a bolt stop from normal use. Should one have to "baby" a bolt stop/sear to protect the sear? Should this be a matter of concern for an AD?

Los Anchorage

Not as uncommon as you would think. Many boltaction 22s function that way and the Winchester model 54 did as well. I don't particularly care for the idea, but acknowledge that it's been working for around 100yrs or more. I have also never seen a broken sear in any of these types of guns so maybe it's not such a bad thing.

ALL guns are loaded !! KEEP the gun pointed in a safe direction! NEVER point a firearm at anything you don't intend to destroy ! YOU are the guns number one safety ! Follow these rules and even an AD is a minor repair to the gun; ANY gun can break/wear a part sooner or later, it's repairable.
    Use the guns you've got/want and enjoy the great outdoors.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !