Thread: Posting problem, or rather spacing issues while posting ??

Default Posting problem, or rather spacing issues while posting ??

Does anyone ever encounter problems with spacing while typing on the AOD ?? Like now, I can't hit "Enter," and have the script drop down to the next line,....nor can I drop the cursur down with the mouse,....there's no way to get a paragraph break,...It only occurs here, 100% sure it's not my computer, as I can type fine anywhere else, online or on Word,....and it's just a now and then thing, but I've run into this a couple times in the last month or so, just makes for one LOOONG sentence, the dreaded "Wall of Text" ,..........So, anyone else running into this issue,...any ideas for solutions ??
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

I am sitting here and your post popped in, so I am going to see if I have the same problem you are having.

With the looks of it, I can hit enter and I can make a new paragraph, so I am thinking this has to be something on your computer.

Sorry about that. Maybe someone else can chime in and see if they have the same problem as you.

Have a great evening.

Thanks Icebear, yep, I'm still stuck,...tho I can make paragraphs on facebook, emails, etc. no problems anywhere else,...??? Oh Well, I'll keep trying enjoy your winter up there,...brrrr (grin)
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Seriously, this is freakin' me out now it can't be my computer,....Just the Outdoor Forums posting,....really, no clues as to what is happening ?? HELP

I have the same issue. At times the cursor freezes or disappears and I can't find it. I have to click on something like my spell check to get it back. Mouse, keystrokes, nothing moves it or makes it appear.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

I have the same problem occasionally. I suspect that it is a server side issue with some browsers. I use FireFox and usually don't have a problem where as with MS Explorer I do. Has anyone tried other browsers?

whew thanks guys, I was sure wondering,....I'll try another browser, as right now I can't jump down a space,...can see cursor alright,...move it around,...it's just hitting the "Enter" key to make a paragraph,...that doesn't work

Okay,.....WOW,....thanks Lujon

this is using Chrome,....the last post was IExplorer, latest upgrade

Why I keep using that now and then I don't know

Was just twisting my mind, the fact that I had been on here, with no problems now and then
    yet, sometimes it was locking up

So: Solution, for me anyway, the browser I was using,....awwww right on

Guess what kodiakrain, this is the first time I have ever had this problem. Like you in your first post, I can make paragraph breaks with every program on my computer. This is google I am using, so I am going to jump over to google chrome and see if this solves my problem too. I have to say that it was awesome finding your post when I did a search in this forum. I forgot that you had posted about this last year and I responded. Glad we have things archived.

I must say,...it's guys like Lujon,...who get this stuff figured out
    over there in the desert,...
    solving our tech mysteries for us,...(ha)
    glad you got it solved Icebear
    It is true tho,...the archives here, are a treasure trove of info

Still unable to make paragraphs. Trying different browser settings. No luck yet.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

I have the same problems when using the laptop at home.
    An easy fix I have found is this. When you are replying to a text you will see a box in the upper left corner right below the words quick reply with a small capital letter a and a larger blue capital letter A with a / between them.
    Click on it and you can now create new paragraphs.
    I am not sure what the problem is, but this works for me.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

I have the same problem with explorer.

No problems with Chrome or on my phone

sent from my igloo

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    I have the same problems when using the laptop at home.
    An easy fix I have found is this. When you are replying to a text you will see a box in the upper left corner right below the words quick reply with a small capital letter a and a larger blue capital letter A with a / between them.
    Click on it and you can now create new paragraphs.
    I am not sure what the problem is, but this works for me.
    This has solved my problem in Explorer. Thanks for the tip.

ak_cowboy click on reply to thread and then the box opens, the first button has a little capital A/with a BIG BLUE A, click that box and then you can type and have the spaces and the paragraphs you need.

As many years as I have worked in this site, I am still learning new tips from our forum members. Thanks again for the quick fix. I really do like Explorer, so glad I can work in the forums again instead of using Chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    When you are replying to a text you will see a box in the upper left corner right below the words quick reply with a small capital letter a and a larger blue capital letter A with a / between them.
    Click on it and you can now create new paragraphs..
    Kudos and rep to you kind sir!

See, it works!

Thanks }:>
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

I was having the very same problem, and was preparing to locate PM access for the web administrator when I saw this gem of a thread.

Now all I need to do is to try it, and, voila!! It works!!!!

I haven't been this excited in hours... maybe days!!

And it -was- specific to -this- site; the other sites I attend to have not given me this problem (the font refusing to allow me to impart paragraphs).

I'm also using Internet Explorer, though a newer version than I previously used.

Perhaps it is an interface issue with the newer version of IE and V-Bulletin????

I'd earlier assumed that maybe, just maybe, it was admin's way of telling me my past posts were too lengthy.. ;^>)