Thread: 1998 Honda 300 Fourtrax 4x4 opinions wanted

Default 1998 Honda 300 Fourtrax 4x4 opinions wanted

I found what looks like a pretty good 98 Fourtrax for $2000. I've never had any experience with this particular model and would sure like any thoughts, ideas or opinions on this. Thanks.

I've got the same machine in a 1992 model. It is great as far as I'm concerned. It has been used and abused for years and is still plugging along. It isn't a powerhouse, but does just fine.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default good machine

they work great. talk to dave down at the honda shop on 5th and he will tell ya what to look for, he is a good mech.

If it's in good shape, jump on it, it's a great deal.

I think I'll pick it up today. I'm not looking for a speed demon just something to get around on. Seems to be that this will fill the ticket...

Default good deal

It is a good deal, I have a 1990, runs like the day I bought it, used and abused as well.

That bike is considered by most Honda enthusiasts to be the best model that Honda has ever created. I say go for it!

Really popular model. Just look on ebay for parts. They're cheap and there is pages of stuff for that wheeler. Good luck with it.

Excellent little quad...my dad has a '98 tan model. He's done everything with it. Even pulled the hay rake when the tractor was down (although it couldn't do it all day.. oil kept overheating... but when you have hay down, you gotta do what you gotta do).

It has been an excellent farm quad, and the most reliable quad he's owned. Parts are abundant...so are satisfied owners.

My shop in Grand Forks, ND has one with a snow plow on it. It's been through nine years of GI abuse and still works great...I think that may be the ultimate test for a quad....
    "The rich... who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own excellence, these are the real enemies of game".... Theodore Roosevelt's A Principle of the Hunt

Talked to the owner again today and it looks like we have a deal. The only thing it needs is tires. It still has the original set on it and they are pretty worn. Other than that and a small tear in the seat it looks like a keeper.
    Thanks....

Get some 25" mudlites for it. You won't be disappointed.

I had a 92 and a 93 Fourtrax, they were the toughest most reliable machines I ever owned and I regret selling them but for now i'll keep riding my Foreman, which is just as good a machine IMO. Good luck and have fun with the thing!!

Thumbs up Honda ATV

I am still riding my 1988 Honda Foreman..............350D.
    Alaska

Default best bush machine ever built

I ride my 1999 TRX300FWD every day and it gets rode real hard The biggest problem is the breaks. I wish Honda would have put disk breaks on these machines. If you keep up on the breaks they are OK. 2wd to 4wd switch and a front locker would be nice but then again the lack of all these things that can break are what makes them so great...

Woody

Default 1989 Fourtrax 300

Unstoppable...needle valve leaks a little, so I turn the fuel switch to closed when I'm not riding it, and the plastic is pretty thrashed, but other than that I've had no issues. Great machine.