Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: look out haul roaders its a comin

Default look out haul roaders its a comin

http://www.adn.com/2012/12/01/271050...eatens-to.html

look both ways when crossing.....

It's ALWAYS about climate change and then they say this:

The wave of frozen mud, snow and plants slowly spilled from the mountains within the past 5,000 years.

Can anything ever just be a NATURAL phenomena? Of course not, it's always about us terrible humans that are causing the climate to change. Sorry, but I don't buy into it. The world, and a lot of the things upon it have been changing for millions of years. Not to worry though....that's why God made heavy equipment...!!!

Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

sounds like shovel ready jobs to me..lol

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Once it gets out of the valley it will probably spread out and slow down. Interesting phenomenon though.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

I agree with 4merguide that these type of events have been happening all over the world for thousands of years. Heck, according to scientists, the entire planet was covered in ice on more than one occasion and then melted. This was millions of years ago and before man was even part of the equation. Attributing every planet changing event to man-made global warming is ridiculous. The human footprint on the earth is miniscule compared to some of the naturally occuring events such as a volcanic eruption or earthquake.

Sounds like someone needs to go back to school and study newtons law of gravity if they are trying to figure out why this frozen debris lobe is moving downhill. I've climbed over that pile of stuff and thought that it was quite interesting. Didn't dawn on me that it might move and block the road sometime. If they are worried about digging at the "toe" of it why not start at te top so it's not so heavy moving down the hill. Just a thought, or if it's ice why not hurry up the process and melt it where it is before it becomes a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by gutleap View Post
    I agree with 4merguide that these type of events have been happening all over the world for thousands of years. Heck, according to scientists, the entire planet was covered in ice on more than one occasion and then melted. This was millions of years ago and before man was even part of the equation. Attributing every planet changing event to man-made global warming is ridiculous. The human footprint on the earth is miniscule compared to some of the naturally occuring events such as a volcanic eruption or earthquake.
    Exactly...... I remember reading awhile back that as far as greenhouse gasses are concerned mankind's involvement is but a drop in the bucket when compared to what the Earth's volcanoes do on a daily basis.....

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

couple buckets of high explosive would make it a pond..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Vince Vince Vince....thats makes wayyy to much sense... you know darn well they will just sit around till its a problem...

Ah ha, see Al Gore is right. We are all contributing to global warming. Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    It's ALWAYS about climate change and then they say this:

The wave of frozen mud, snow and plants slowly spilled from the mountains within the past 5,000 years.

Can anything ever just be a NATURAL phenomena? Of course not, it's always about us terrible humans that are causing the climate to change. Sorry, but I don't buy into it. The world, and a lot of the things upon it have been changing for millions of years. Not to worry though....that's why God made heavy equipment...!!!

Funny that that stuff has been hapening for millions of years when the earth is only about 8000 years old....
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Anyone check on the HAARP settings lately? if not, then its Bush's fault!

Man-made climate change is a scientific fact. Nobody's saying it's completely responsible for this slide, only that it may have accelerated it. It's a problem we would have had to deal with sooner or later anyway, and it could be a pretty big deal. It's a lot more mass than you can just push aside with bulldozers a couple times a season... this is going to take some costly engineering.
    Jason
    http://www.troutnut.com -- Fly fishing photos & insect hatch encyclopedia.
    http://www.daltoncorridormap.com -- Exact 5-mile Haul Road corridor boundary for GPS & Google Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    Once it gets out of the valley it will probably spread out and slow down. Interesting phenomenon though.
    Or maybe even just stop....

Quote Originally Posted by Troutnut View Post
    Man-made climate change is a scientific fact. Nobody's saying it's completely responsible for this slide, only that it may have accelerated it. It's a problem we would have had to deal with sooner or later anyway, and it could be a pretty big deal. It's a lot more mass than you can just push aside with bulldozers a couple times a season... this is going to take some costly engineering.
    Last I hear, these facts were based on corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    Funny that that stuff has been hapening for millions of years when the earth is only about 8000 years old....
    The scientific community has established the earth is 4.5 billion years old. The method they use has something to do with the decay of radioactive materials into other elements which do so at a predictable rate. Google it and I am sure you can find the scientific explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutnut View Post
    Man-made climate change is a scientific fact.
    Sorry....just don't buy into it. From what I've read there are plenty of scientists that don't believe it as well as those that do. Because of the Earth's continuing cycles that have been going on for eons, I believe that it's only coincidental that man is at its highest population now as this is supposedly taking place. I'm not saying that man isn't doing a good job of adding to it, but I believe the Earth would have gone through this "supposed" global warming regardless if man had been here or not. And frankly, I believe man is pretty arrogant to believe that he can change the climate on a global scale. Like I said before.....volcanoes do a pretty da*n good job of it all on their own.

Last I hear, these facts were based on corruption.

That was a lot of media hype misinterpreting some illegally stolen emails, and several independent investigations showed that the scientists did nothing wrong, and that nothing they did undermined their conclusions. The whole "ClimateGate" fiasco was a classic case of the media being biased toward creating controversy when it isn't really there. Any reporter worth his salt could easily find out there was no wrongdoing by those scientists, but it was vastly more profitable for them to turn it into a big he-said, she-said shouting match for months rather than do the investigative work to report what things really meant.

The famous "hide the decline" email is the main example people remember. The scientists were discussing how there's an apparent recent decline in temperature as determined from tree rings, when you look at tree rings from 1960 on. We have actual temperature data from many stations during that period, so we know the decline shown in the tree rings isn't real, but is an illusion caused by a separate effect. Anyway, when they were "hiding the decline" in the tree ring data they simply put the real temperature data on a graph along with the tree ring data, both present clearly labeled, in order to put the tree ring data in context and clarify that the decline in that series (one of many temperature proxies) isn't a real decline in temperature. The thing they "hid" wasn't even hidden, it was just put in context with additional data.

So, there was no corruption or dishonesty or inaccuracy involved... simply an unclear choice of words, in a private email between people who both knew what they meant. It was stolen, pulled out of context to change its meaning, and turned into an international fiasco.

From what I've read there are plenty of scientists that don't believe it as well as those that do.

Many of the scientists who deny climate change aren't qualified to speak to the issue... they're random chemists or engineers or others whose expertise is irrelevant to the climate. Many of the "lists of scientists" circulated by climate deniers even include anyone who has a "bachelor of science" undergraduate degree, no matter what their major or their career. Among actual climate scientists who know the field, about 98% support the consensus and are concerned about manmade climate change -- this includes hundreds of researchers unrelated to any of the trumped-up scandals, and many independent lines of evidence.

The 2% who are "climate skeptics" haven't made a decent case yet. I've paid pretty careful attention to what they have to say, because I'd rather climate change not be real, and I'd welcome the news optimistically if the skeptics were actually right. But they're not. Some of them are hacks and shills whose papers are easily shot down (as in, decisively shown to be wrong, not just shunned) when they try to publish. I've only found a couple people worth listening to in the denier camp, and neither of them makes a strong case... one is just a professional contrarian who pooh-poohs the whole idea of complex models (without specifically explaining why those used by mainstream climate science are wrong), and the other is a professional contrarian who thinks climate change is real but we shouldn't try to stop it because we can engineer our way out of it (without presenting a viable idea on how).

Opposite these guys are hundreds of independent, competing researchers whose many different lines of evidence all point toward manmade climate change, and it's wrong to dismiss them just because there are a few guys with PhDs (and hundreds clueless pundits) willing to take the other side for the sake of money and/or attention.
    Jason
    http://www.troutnut.com -- Fly fishing photos & insect hatch encyclopedia.
    http://www.daltoncorridormap.com -- Exact 5-mile Haul Road corridor boundary for GPS & Google Earth

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    RIGHT, It won't reach the road for a "decade", so there's plenty of time to get an Atomic Bomb on it.

AND, If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

No worries. Judging by the direction we're headed the pipeline will be closed and hunting may be prohibited anyway. Maybe we could asked the Greenlanders for help with the blob. They managed to buried those villages under the ice to make it look like they lived in a warmer time, you know before the 1970 global cooling phenomenon when wearing a sweater was the answer. That reminds me...I need to go check the air in my tires. Who knows? If we all check the air in our tires we could delay the blob.... yes we can...

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by gutleap View Post
    The scientific community has established the earth is 4.5 billion years old. The method they use has something to do with the decay of radioactive materials into other elements which do so at a predictable rate. Google it and I am sure you can find the scientific explanation.
    You'll find lots of explanations, but they won't be "scientific".

Besides, what's scientific about adding a few million year or more every time they need another explanation?

Carbon dating assumes uniforum radioactive decay throughout the ages, which may not be the case. Also, carbon dating of things of known age are all over the map.

As I understand it, after carbon dating they hafta get together and deside which figure to use.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast