Thread: ruger sr22

Default ruger sr22

many ( if not most ) backcountry folks carry a .22 auto or revolver for small game, or the trapline. shooting a variety of small frame handguns over the years, my favorite has been a high standard 4" auto. lately my browning micro has been in service. now i have found a new .22 auto that shoots like my browning, but weighs almost nothing.

the ruger sr.22 reached dealer shelves this last year and has had remarkable acceptance with a broad range of shooters. this handy little pistol weighs only 17 oz, holds 11 rounds, and has so many great features it my soon be my favorite. ruger designed this pistol to be absolutly reliable and mine will shoot ANYTHING run through it. it is remarkable in that way, as finicky .22's can be a pain to feed. the ruger also has fully adjustable sights, two interchangeable grips, familiar controls (like other double action ruger auto's), and double or single action deployment .

this dandy pistol is also a snap to disassemble. if you ever tried the ruger standard, this will be a treat!

all this in a package that retails around $300.00. a steal! try one and you will own one.
    happy trails.
    jh

i own the sr9c and love it and have thought of getting the 22 for a while now glad to see a post on it to get a little insight

Quote Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
    i own the sr9c and love it and have thought of getting the 22 for a while now glad to see a post on it to get a little insight

thanks troutslayer; i have been shooting mine and really like it. there is a shortage of holsters, but that will be temporary. mine was made custom by cotton inks of austin tx, it is a dandy.
    happy trails.
    jh

Thanks for the write up...I've been in and out of the .22 pistol game over the years. I've wondered about this one.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

hodgeman; after writing this glowing report i forgot to mention the accuracy level with this pistol is on par with my longer barreled .22 auto's. for light target work it is a blast, and it shoots minute of red squirrel with cheap bulk ammunition. this is an excellent pistol for your kit, tacklebox or ( for some people ) defensive carry. with it's moderate price this will be hugely popular. try one.
    happy trails.
    jh

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...-vs-Ruger-SR22

I was really interested in an SR-22 lately, but haven't been able to shoot one. I like my Walther P-22, but for routine carry I usually carry a Ruger Single Six or one of my wheelgun 22's.