Thread: 2 stroke oil

Default 2 stroke oil

Do you think it would be ok to use 2 stroke Polaris Snowmachine oil in a 2 stroke outboard? I bought a house and there are 5 gallons of 2 stroke snowmachine oil in the out building. It kills me not to find a use for it.

That's a lot of money in oil! WoW. Don't see an issue with it so long as it meets the TWC3 (?) rating for you boat engine.

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Thanks, I'll check into that.

It just drives me nuts to see it set there. Oil isn't cheap....and in Bethel it's worse than "not cheap".

Thumbs up

It will work just fine in your outboard. You don't want to use "outboard" oil in a snowmachine though. The pour temp for "outboard" oil is too high for a snowmachine and will not flow properly in cold temps.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I would'nt do it. I tried snowmachine oil in my yamaha two stroke and my boat starting stalling, idleing rough, and smoking like a chimney. IMO cook inlet is not the place for this, so I went back to marine oil with no problems since.

I'm sure you already thought of this. But I wouldn't use it unless it still had the foil seal on it. I put my waste oil in those jugs. Sometimes it's hard to tell some waste oil from good oil depending on what it is. Just a thought.

If it is good 2 stroke snogo oil, I wouldn't be afraid to use it. I've done it myself.