Thread: Wooldridge Sport 20' Sportjet

Default Wooldridge Sport 20' Sportjet

Does anyone have one of these yet? I'm curious on performance, fuel, and load hauling numbers. Glen? The pdf downloads for this boat are broken on your website. Other information would be great. What's the static draft? Have anyone seen one with a 3/4 hard top? Any information would be great. Thanks

Really? Do a quick search and it will answer all your questions. It's an amazing boat.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

I've seen the info on the XL with the sportjet...but not the sport.

Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by macncoke View Post
    Does anyone have one of these yet? I'm curious on performance, fuel, and load hauling numbers. Glen? The pdf downloads for this boat are broken on your website. Other information would be great. What's the static draft? Have anyone seen one with a 3/4 hard top? Any information would be great. Thanks

Hi Macnoke,

Thanks for the heads up on the PDF link not working, i will look into that and try to get it fixed.

Yes the Sport with the sport jet is quite a performer. Dad tested a 17' we did and with just him in the empty boat it went 48mph!!! It got there quick also!

Boat shop in Fairbanks has 20' Sport - Sport Jet and Marita in Anchorage has a 17' Sport - Sport Jet if you wanted to take a look.

The boat doesnt sit any deeper in the water than the same hull with an outboard jet which is pretty nice. I dont have a good pic yet of the Sport - Sport Jet sitting in the water or i would post it.

Also, i do not have a good pic of the Hard Top on the Sport Jet boat though it would look very simular to the hard top on the Sport Offshore.

I hope this helps, have a great weekend!

Grant

Thanks for the reply Grant. I'm in SE AK so I'm much too far away to check out any of those boats. I'll keep an eye on this boat configuration. I'm pretty curious to see the numbers on the 20' Sport. Sounds like a fantastic set up for my neck of the woods. (Petersburg) I know one boat can't fit all the needs but in reality I boat a lot around our 'inside passage' and spend quite a bit of time up the Stikine. My current boat (motion marine 18' 175SJ) just isn't quite cutting it. Close though.

Wish I had some picture's for you. I don't have a 20 ft sport SJ in our shop at this time but I believe the Boat Shop in Fairbanks has their's in their show room. If you contact Randy or Mike they could take some picture's and send them to you, that may help answer some question's. I ran from Wrangel up the Stikine to Telegraph Creek about 30 year's ago (nice country). If you see Bill Samson when your up that way tell him I said hi. Glen

Default Wooldridge Sport 20' Sportjet

I like the 3/4 hard top idea.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Yeah. SouthEast Alaska. We haven't had a 'nice' summer in quite a while. It's nice to have the protection. Canvas or vinyl tops just don't last here. Thanks for the replies!