Thread: Alumaweld Boats??? Your Oppinion

Default Alumaweld Boats??? Your Oppinion

So now I'm looking at a new Alumaweld Pacific Offshore Boat......What's the good and bad of Alumaweld??? I have no experience with them.....Thanks John

We've got a 19'6" CC deep vee. It's 10 yrs old and gets docked 8 months out of the year, exposed to the weather and it has not given us a single problem.......knock on wood......except a couple bilge pumps, even the floorboards are still in great shape. We added all the electronics etc. ourself and it is really just a great "work boat" nothing fancy. Gets used 50 - 75 times a year and it has been a great boat for us in the Detroit River/Lake Erie/Lake St Clair area.......going out tomorrow after work for a few Musky !

The older Alumaweld Offshore Hardtops are highly regarded in the Deep Creek area. They get worked pretty hard and banged up on the tractor launch on a daily basis, but there are still quite a few active Alumaweld charter boats that were built in the mid-90s.

I have no experience with the new Alumaweld offerings, but if they hold up as well as their predecessors, they ought to be great!

Their narrow,they don't have a self bailing deck and they crack more than most aluminum boats.

If you are going to beach you boat go with aluminum, If not check out Alaska boats and permits! You can get a 28ft Glassply twin inboard v-drives with a new trailer and all the gear for under $30,000.

They are tough boats, have been around a long time. Depending on the year I do think there was a slight change in manufacturing process. But never the less like Dan in alaska said they beat the turd out of them in deep reek all season long.

Personally I have been on a few different models and they have all caught fish and brought me home safely. How big of a boat are you looking at?
    also one of my main complaints is that the cabin is so far forward that you feel every bump. This can get pretty uncomfortable if your not on the air ride seats. Feel free to ask more questions or pm me if you want more specific info

I have an older 20' Alumaweld Intruder (95 model) and it handles the water in SE Alaska just great. Got caught in a storm this last summer, and it handled the 6 to 7 footers real well. I like the part about the cabin being far forward as it allows more fishing room. Does it feel every bump...yeah, but you can put in tractor suspension seats and it will ride real smooth. I put the tractor seat in for my wife who has back issues and it worked like a charm! My 2 cents...

For the money, GOOD boat.

I use to sell them when SBS was a big alumiweld dealer in anchorage. They were good then and I'm sure are still good. Full length welds gives them more stregth. Have to know what you are using them for, for ocean, be sure and get one with the 18* deadrise. Also, big dealer in portland, call and get your price there, give them a call, then use that price to bargan with here, still have to pay for shipping but may help you get a bit better price. Much more competition down there. Bud
    Wasilla

I have a 1993 24 Alumaweld Offshore and love it. It will handle bigger water than I ever want to be out in.
    dom

Charterboat Operator

i have run a 28' offshore,for almost 10 years now, and though only about 1400 hours, it has been VERY impressive. the hull is narrow, but not too tippy, trailers with out oversize permit! mine is a 96, and yes AW did have some problems with there earlier models, from what i heard it was there supply of aluminum, dont kow dont care. the couple of times i have called, customer service has been all over themselves to help, which i thought was great as i was the second owner. boat rides, awsome and has given many happy memmories.