Thread: Success on the "line

Default Success on the "line

only had a couple water sets out, till friday, I decided to set out some fox sets, so I did my thing got my gear and headed to a spot about a mile up the road and hiked in a ways with pops, we followed a creek and got in 3 fox sets, 1 marten set, one mink set, and one otter set out, I have always liked the idea of setting traps on beaver dams, but never really had the chance to try it, till friday, I made one, with my lucky No 2 long spring basically a dirt hole set at the base of a willow with a chunk of bacon grease in the hole and some fox urine about 1 1/2 feet oboe the hole, well, checked the sets sunday morning, nothing, went back out today (was going to do it tonight after work, but due to the nature of construction in the winter I got an unexpected day off) so Me and pops hiked out and checked it this morning, and coming up on the beaver dam set, I was checking out some fresh tracks and was about 20 yards behind dad and he (who didn't know a set was there cause he was making a set in a different spot at the time) Says "Quick theres a fox!" So I hurry up and get there and see that its in my trap and walk up to about 20 yards away and pop it int he head with my 22 mag. Needless to say I was stoked!

Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Nice job, thats a very pretty fox! I've about decided i'm going to have to take a long weekend to try fox calling off the peninsula some where this winter. Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

Well done FFG - Congrats!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Supporting Member

Nice catch! For future reference, if you don't want to put a hole in it or clean up blood, you can whack it across the nose with a stout stick to knock it out and then step on it behind the shoulder (compresses heart and lungs) to kill it pretty quickly and humanely.

Good point..or use a catch pole..either new or homemade and pull tight.

Quote Originally Posted by spike9542003@yahoo.com View Post
    Nice catch! For future reference, if you don't want to put a hole in it or clean up blood, you can whack it across the nose with a stout stick to knock it out and then step on it behind the shoulder (compresses heart and lungs) to kill it pretty quickly and humanely.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.