Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interior Ice Fishing article

Default Interior Ice Fishing article

I wrote a story about ice fishing three main lakes along the Richardson Hwy, no big secrets revealed to anyone probably on the forum here or to anyone already fishing the lakes. The story has been published by "The Alaska Life" on their website. http://www.thealaskalife.com/feature...ishing-alaska/ I invite you to read the story and let me know what you think.

The Alaska Life also features a host of additional content of arcticles & pictures that celebrate Alaska.

As always, comments welcome...good, bad, and the ugly.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Default Interior Ice Fishing article

Great article. Dem lakes der in winter are one of the things I miss about living in the interior. Cheers!
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

great article, like you said nothing new, but great none the less. Even better for those that are just starting out and want to have an idea of what, when, where and how...

Nice write up Jedi. Makes me want to take a trip up to Harding sometime.

Yeah great, you are da man!

My inspiration came from a previous thread on this forum at the end of last season. Opposing viewpoints are not always bad; sometimes unsubstantiated selfish opinions help to solidify my own take on an issue. I hope the story encourages at least one person who has never tried winter fishing to get out this winter, go to one of the many stocked lakes in Alaska, have a good time, and make some memories

I am not being sarcastic

Glad I could be of help to solidify your take on the issue, you sure have changed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 8weight View Post
    Glad I could be of help to solidify your take on the issue, you sure have changed my mind.
    I was not referring to you at all 8weight, It was actually Alaska_griz that inspired me.

Darn, I hoped it was me. I'm so disappointed. Especially because Alaska Grizz and I share the same unsubstantiated, selfish beliefs.

Awesome stuff! Sharing the knowledge is what everyone should do. Glad it got published, how badass!

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Good read Dennis!!! Nicely done!
    I'm Pro-Pike.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    Awesome stuff! Sharing the knowledge is what everyone should do. Glad it got published, how badass!

Fish On!
    Anyone hit you up for autographs yet, Mr. Photogenic?
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

first planting harding laketrout 1964 ..40# + now ...need bigger hole lol...

With all the rainbows stocked in harding why nobodys fishing them ??????????????

good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rainbows are n the shallows getten picked off 1 by 1 by Pike and now LAKERS and CHARS

I can't wait for the next article on how to catch all of those red salmon on the Delta Clearwater

Great article. You have guided many new fisherman into this great sport with with your knowledge and eagerness to help anyone out. The selfishness and harsh comments exhibited by others is a great shame to this sport. The hunting community always strive to get more people out in the feild to keep the sport growing (essentially also keeping it alive) and contribute to conservaton. The fishing community is the complete opposite. Hush hush on everything.

I am sure everyone with negative comments has picked up a fishing magazine or book, or uses the internet or watches tv about this sport. All I have to say is quit being hypocrites. Someone from OUR fishing community, someone many of us know got an article published. Not just some fishing report but a truthful, information filled article to vear someone in the right direction. Its is then up to the person wanting to go there to put in the time and leg work to catch the fish. Kudos my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefisher View Post
    first planting harding laketrout 1964 ..40# + now ...need bigger hole lol...
    I read in a study it was 1939 they first put them in the lake.

AKnook... Like Ace Frehely said "two sides of a coin to choose from" I got pretty thick skin. After all...some people just wanna watch the world burn.

This particular thread I started was about asking other forum members to read and respond good, bad, or ugly. I got good and i got ugly so far...haha

I encourage everyone to continue post thoughts about the article after you read it. Although the ugly remarks are not constructive, they are entertaining. Thanks for taking the time to respond if you choose so.

I again extend an olive branch out to anyone who wants to go fishing, or just sit down over a cup of coffee or favorite adult beverage and talk, debate, or even lie about sport fishing topics. Yes, including you 8weight. I bet we have more in common than you may believe. Just for the record I will not consider it threating if you reach out to try and contact me either.

Its been my experience that some people are quick to call you out on an online forum, and when you email them about it they threaten you and suddenly "cant be responsible for their actions" (even when you know the person). I guess some people become threating when they realize they lost the abiguity from their screen name.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast