Thread: Homer Harbor Ice

Default Homer Harbor Ice

Hope all take care not to get stuck in the Ice and miss all the great fishing to come. This is looking like one of the best winter king years ever.

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post
    Hope all take care not to get stuck in the Ice and miss all the great fishing to come. This is looking like one of the best winter king years ever.
    Did the ice come in MGH55? I have been ice fishing rather then salt fishing and kind of out of the loop!! I did check it this morning and it was clear. I need kings for 6 guy's Sat and king's for 5 guy's Sun!! Lot of work to this weekend!! Hope I can get out.. and once im out....GET BACK IN....!!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nemo View Post
    Did the ice come in MGH55? I have been ice fishing rather then salt fishing and kind of out of the loop!! I did check it this morning and it was clear. I need kings for 6 guy's Sat and king's for 5 guy's Sun!! Lot of work to this weekend!! Hope I can get out.. and once im out....GET BACK IN....!!
    Nemo, I just came in about an hour ago and there isn't any ice in the harbor at all. Of course there's about a 20 kt wind blowing up some absolutely nasty and very steep wind waves all the way from the Spit over to Yukon that had my heart pumping pretty hard for the crossing, and it doesn't sound as though anything's going to change for the next few days. Hope things change by the weekend!
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley Crew Fishing View Post
    Nemo, I just came in about an hour ago and there isn't any ice in the harbor at all. Of course there's about a 20 kt wind blowing up some absolutely nasty and very steep wind waves all the way from the Spit over to Yukon that had my heart pumping pretty hard for the crossing, and it doesn't sound as though anything's going to change for the next few days. Hope things change by the weekend!
    Glad you made it back! thanks for the up date.