Thread: Any Advice?

Default Any Advice?

Well,
    The litter I had been looking at getting a pup from did not yield the right ratio of females to males and I am sadly out of luck. Anyone have any advice on kennels that specialize in smaller stature black labs? Im looking for a female to help with the smaller in stature criteria. I am not looking for english labs.

Thanks Dodger
    “The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck.” Walter Cronkite

Did your orignial breeder have any genetic history? You might be able to find another kennel from essentially the same line. Perhaps your breeder may have a recomendation. I would try that.

Happend to me. I just waited for the next litter. Duckdon
    Forgive me for being arrogant. I own 2 Drahthaar's.
    Tundramoor Drahthaar Kennel. Training Versatile Dogs because we hunt it all.
    Memeber of the Alaska Warterfowl Association.

I am definately patient... I want the right dog (as much as is possible...) I don't think there will be any more breedings with this specific female. I was recommended to this individual and this particular litter by several people but alas, this was not meant to be... So back to the drawing board and my question about whether anyone knows of any breeders specializing in smaller black labs. I've heard them referred to as "super cub labs."

Thanks,

Dodger
    “The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck.” Walter Cronkite

I have a litter of pups on the ground. This is a repeat breeding of, FC Fresh Squeezed Juice x FC/AFC Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog MH. Juice was the high point field trial open dog in 2011 and my ***** Bam is coming up on 100 all age field trial points. Bam's last litter to Juice produced female pups in the 50-52 lb range.

AKDodger. There ya go, a local breeder that knows someting about training and with pups on the ground. Give Howard a call. Duckdon
    Forgive me for being arrogant. I own 2 Drahthaar's.
    Tundramoor Drahthaar Kennel. Training Versatile Dogs because we hunt it all.
    Memeber of the Alaska Warterfowl Association.

Thanks for the leads...