Thread: trigger pull

Default trigger pull

For those of you who don't just shoot your rifle as it comes from the store, I'm curious what you like to set your trigger pull at. If you have separate rifles for hunting and target shooting, do you adjust your triggers differently?
    I put a Timney trigger on my M77 MkII 35 Whelen awhile back. Its set to 2#. Also have a Timney trigger on my Husqvarna action 30-06 set to the same.

2 to 2.5lbs on my varmint caliber rifles, 3 to 3.5lbs on my medium-big game rifles....

2lbs on my 308 "work rifle"...

I have my hunting rifle triggers set at 2.5 - 3 pounds. If I had a designated target rifle, I would have it set as light as safely possible.

I've got two rifles with set triggers and love them. With out being set they are about 3.5 lb, set they are about 1 or less, I'm real careful with them. If there's set triggers out there for Remington rifles, I'd like to know.

Default Trigger pull

I want a creep free 3 lbs. that breaks like a tiny ice cycle.

Default trigger weight

I usually specify 2.0 to 3.0 for my triggers - it's what I'm used to and has worked well for me.

Wink Remington Trigger Adjustment

Bill S, I found this on the web with the help of another forum member. I"ve used it on a friends 30 06 XCR, the trigger had the worst adjustment that I ever felt! His came out real nice, and will most likely adjust my own. So proceed at your own risk, if your a do it your selfer! Bill. http://www.quarterbore.com/library/a...00trigger.html
    ; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed. 1 SAMUEL 2;30

Default Trigger Tweekin'....

I would like all my triggers at 3-3.5#. For me the 2-2.5# seem to condition me to them and I have to get adjusted to the trigger pull of a "normal" trigger.

I have found the triggers on some of my guns to be quite light compared to this new Ruger's 4.5#. I do shoot better when the trigger breaks cleanly, everytime at 3# and feels like, as someone said, the tip a tiny icicle.

The gun must hold the sear while violently cycling the action. If so, then where ever you like it. Also I wouldn't worry about an actual measurement of the weight of pull, this is a personal touchy, feely thing..
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

I like mine around 3#'s on most of my hunting rifles but it has to be a crisp break with no creep. I like a lite trigger on my varmint rifles around 1-2#'s...

A while back I had a Remy 700 ADL in 22-250 that I did one of those 15 minute trigger jobs on. It came out really good and broke around 1#... Everybody who tried that trigger said"Wow very nice trigger!" One of me and Trailerblazersteve's friends bought it from me and has had it for about 2 years. The other day we were talking about that rifle and he says "man that trigger is too lite, can you make it a lot harder to pull?" I assumed everybody could appreciate a lite trigger..... I guess not!

- Clint

The Can-Jar on my Hannibal is set at 2# and the set-trigger at 4 oz.
    The trigger on my ZKK-602 is 2# and the set is 4 oz.
    The trigger on my 9x57 is a creepy 2# and the set-trigger is 2 oz.