Thread: RC 999, Steese Bou hunt.

Default RC 999, Steese Bou hunt.

Way to go F&G you took something simple and made it extremely complicated, by listening to the hotline for 5 min, twice, I think I understand what is going on, just to bad I can't go this weekend like I had planned.

I didn't hear anything that prevents one from going. There are restrictions on where you can hunt. Take a snogo or wheeler and go.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Lol I know where I go if was going to hunt this...

OK! Not so bad now that I looked at the map!

fish and game was supposed to have a map of the open area, but when i asked in anchorage I just got the regular zone 1 map,

Why a new map? Judging by the listed boundaries, the region 1 map can be referenced, highlight the open or closed boundaries.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by gokorn1 View Post
    fish and game was supposed to have a map of the open area, but when i asked in anchorage I just got the regular zone 1 map,
    That's better than what I got. I just went during lunch and he printed out the message on the hotline and gave that to me!!
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Why a new map? Judging by the listed boundaries, the region 1 map can be referenced, highlight the open or closed boundaries.
    what about the 10-20 mile boundary from the highway. I don't recall him( hotline) stateing where it was 10 miles from the steese and where it was 20 miles....

what about the 10-20 mile boundary from the highway. I don't recall him( hotline) stateing where it was 10 miles from the steese and where it was 20 miles....
    I'd wait a few days, maybe they will have a detailed map available.

You need to compare the RC999 and RC867 areas. Recording says they will update the 999 permit Dec 3rd if I heard it right (background noise). Sounds like too much to make it worth while, like like one would have a better chance dedicating time with a rc867 tag, just head up Chena.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/hu...unt_winter.pdf
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

same as last year.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thanks for the link TWB.............useful info.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Yeh you'd think they'd actually link that map direct on the tag info page but no it's down in the weeds.