Thread: Playin' both sides against the middle

Default Playin' both sides against the middle

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-blocks-bil...010500663.html

Ya just never know what those folks will do or fight over.

More like politics as usual, Steve. Been following this bill, pays to know what is in it...here you go if you want to read further:
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/s3525/text

Gee, it's a good thing that article's not titled to give the worst possible impression or anything.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Quote Originally Posted by Erik in AK View Post
    Gee, it's a good thing that article's not titled to give the worst possible impression or anything.
    Haha. Yeah, i know. YahooNews headlines are always leading. It would almost be funny if...

Mark I did read my way through the bill. Sounds good. Really had to wonder who those influential polar bear hunters were!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

There is still more to it then advertized... one of the biggest reasons it was stalled was due to NOT haveing the funding attached to the bill when it was passing though.. eveidently some new rule took affect, after 11/6 .. and that all bills will have the program funding attached then, so as to not worry about where it will come from after... if i am understanding correctly..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    There is still more to it then advertized... one of the biggest reasons it was stalled was due to NOT haveing the funding attached to the bill when it was passing though.. eveidently some new rule took affect, after 11/6 .. and that all bills will have the program funding attached then, so as to not worry about where it will come from after... if i am understanding correctly..
    Sounds like maybe you're referring to the Unfunded Mandates Reform Act of 1995...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist