Thread: Good day to be out!

Default Good day to be out!

Started yesterday off by finding this young wolf just inside the woods. He had 5-6 more with him, but they were a few hundred yards away and down towards the beach when the lead started flying so we didn't see or know of them until we had this guy down and they started howling and barking. the pic of me and the wolf was a few hours after we shot him.

We Spent the rest of the day hiking in muskegs, got back to the beach to find this little guy hanging out a half mile down the beach,

Shot him to end my day.

Outstanding! Could not ask for a better hunting opportunity.

It WAS a good day to be out. Looks like you did good. I've seen a number of wolves while hunting, but fate and my lousy shooting have kept me from killing one.

I picked up this moose yesterday myself:

Yk

TheWolfWatching

Great shot on the pup Dano.

Hey YK..........you must have been on Minto flats. How cold was it yesterday? Had planned to hunt myself but the hunt pard backed out.
    Congrats on the cow!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Nice shooting guys! Sorry to hear about the rest of the wolves getting the best of you but I am sure you will get after them again.

never, ever, ever hang out on the beach in nov....but yet those deer just never learn.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Great job on both
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Default Good day to be out!

Thanks guys, and nice job on the big cow there Yellowknife!

I have to get back up to anchorage here in another week, so I won't be able to do to much to the other wolves, don't want to pressure them off the island they are on because the next closets island has a decent deer population finally growing on it or they would have to swim back to the Islam they came from, which probably wouldn't be the case. But I will be coming back in February to hopefully finish the job. In the mean time my father and close family/friends will be doing their best to catch other wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Hey YK..........you must have been on Minto flats. How cold was it yesterday? Had planned to hunt myself but the hunt pard backed out.
    Congrats on the cow!
    Cold enough. Thermometer in the truck on the way out was reading -26 in the low areas. Seemed to warm up a bit when the sun came out, but still fairly cool.

My partner couldn't make it either, so I flew solo on this one. Too bad I didn't know you were planning on going. There was two standing there....

Yk

man Yellowknife i was out on sat there in the flats. We didnt see a darn thing just got cccc cccc ccc cold! Nice shooting, i hope she will be good eatin!