Thread: Ruger Bearcat joy!

Default Ruger Bearcat joy!

Finally managed to find a stainless Bearcat for the boy. He's been after me to teach him to shoot a handgun for a couple of years and I've let him send a few rounds downrange with other pieces.

Wow- just cute as a button, if it shoots as good as it looks the grouse and ptarmies are in trouble!
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

That sounds like great times in the making.... I dont remember much from very early childhood but I still remember when my dad bought me a .22 S&W handgun and the times we had shooting it...good on you sir

Yeah- I've got a "Texas Scout" my Dad gave me about the same age- probably Italian or German manufacture, who knows. I literally shot it to death....out of time, trigger mechanism broken on several levels- it's totaled but I keep it around anyhow. Of course- it was nowhere near the piece the Bearcat is but if I had a nickel for every soda can and pop bottle KIA'd with that thing I'd be a wealthy man indeed!
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

One of my favorite pistols enjoy it for generations
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Bearcats are fine guns. I had one back in the 70's and I traded it for a 5" Colt .22 sixshooter I still have but I have thought of a stainless Bearcat a lot lately. It will be a fine gun for your son and can grow up with him and last the rest of his life.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

i have owned one since the 70's and shoot it still, as it is light and fits in my kit when big game hunting. my little revolver shoots well with most .22's and doesn't require maintainance. it is a fine little gun and can be recommended without reservation.
    happy trails.
    jh

My eldest son bought a four digit serial numbered one for his youngest son just prior to his death last Apil, it's now at my home. Has adjustable sights added much like Clements now does but, look like original J frame Smith sights?
    Steve

How close are the fixed sights to the aiming point on these newer Bearcats?