Thread: Bank of America anti-gun ?

Default Bank of America anti-gun ?

Has anyone seen the email floating around that quotes McMillan rifles of AZ in stating that Bank of America declined to be their bank any longer due to the fact that they are a firearms and shooting accessory manufacturer ? I don't know if it is "new" news or a resurrected bit if info or bogus altogether and I have not had a chance to verify it

We've discussed it here before. McMillan swears that B of A said no more loans because McMillan is a firearms manufacturer. B of A swears that it isn't a policy of theirs to deny credit merely because they are a firearms manufacturer. Who knows? I've been denied credit by different lending entities and walked into another one and got a loan for twice as much the next day. It's a goofy business. If I dodged every anti-gun business in this country I'd live a pretty tough life. Just as hard as trying to buy only made in USA goods.

Not defending B of A. I find them not to be a very friendly banking operation. However, I have two of their Alaska Airline cards and I guarantee my spending with those cards helps fund a bunch of American firearms businesses.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    We've discussed it here before.
    It's like deja vu all over again.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Lets all just go back to the home defense thread and agree on killing people.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Lets all just go back to the home defense thread and agree on killing people.
    By people, you mean people that ain't us, right?

Default Bank of America anti-gun ?

****it Doug quite profiling.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

It's a true story. Kelly McMillan discussed this on the company Facebook page for a few months, info still there. Now McMillan is using a local bank with better terms.

I stop by the facility a few times a year to see what new. It's a close drive and close enough to Dillon and Bruno's Shooter's Supply that It makes for a fun lunch run. McMillan is always busy with stocks and rifle production as well as new developments in the hunting and tactical development.

They have a healthy back log in production and don't show any sign of slowing down.

I once got the "Hustle" of a different nataure back in 1983 from B of A. A former wife, then living in California, ended her own life. I immediately flew to California to gather up my two minor children and return them to Alaska to complete raising them. I tried to close my former wife's account with B of A in order to start a modest account for my children's future, but the bank insisted on my providing papers showing I had legal custody. Having been their natural father didn't count with them. I've not done business with them since then, and never will !!!

sorry to bring up "old news" ! I can't keep up on ALL the gossip I guess - I don't know why McMillan would make somethin' like that up ........ B of A on the other hand ....... Well, they ARE "bankers" after all .........

B-of-A at first admitted they didn’t want to be involved in the firearms industry but as the heat mounted they had visions of a major boycott and applied some spin to their official line. Makes no never mind to me, I vowed off B-of-A way back about 1990 over other issues I had with them . . . wouldn’t use them even if they loved guns!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Along with Wells Fargo, Morgan Chase and about a dozen other banks. The banking industry owns the world, we just have to live in it. If you don't do any business with a bank that does questionable practices, I guess you keep all your money in an old matress and have never had a loan, cause every bank has issues of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    “Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." ~Calvin Coolidge~

Quote Originally Posted by OKElkHunter View Post
    Along with Wells Fargo, Morgan Chase and about a dozen other banks. The banking industry owns the world, we just have to live in it. If you don't do any business with a bank that does questionable practices, I guess you keep all your money in an old matress and have never had a loan, cause every bank has issues of some sort.
    Very true. I try to deal with smaller local outfits, generally get far better service with them. But then they keep getting sucked into huge nasty banks and I got to go shopping all over again. All banks are a bit shady, even the first bankers (Knights Templar) became rich off shady banking deals but we still need banks . . . like pollutions, I just try to pick the ones that offend me less then the others.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I use Credit Unions anyway and for little ole' me it is workin' so far - they have their own "issues" anyways, folks that loan money DO control the world, that's a fact