Thread: RiverHawk Offshore Boats

Question RiverHawk Offshore Boats

I saw a couple of these boats last week in the Seattle area, but had no luck in finding a thread here on them. Does anyone out there have one of these boats or know much about them? All I have found on them in Alaska so far is that they are sold by Marita...........
    http://www.riverhawkboats.net
    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856

I have not seen or heard of these boats, but at first glance they look very similar to the North River style of boat. Decent looking boat, I'm sure they are comfortable and would fit someone's needs. How long has Marita been selling these?

Quote Originally Posted by akwchil View Post
    I have not seen or heard of these boats, but at first glance they look very similar to the North River style of boat. Decent looking boat, I'm sure they are comfortable and would fit someone's needs. How long has Marita been selling these?
    I am not sure about how long Marita has been selling these boats, I just found them on the RiverHawk website as a dealer. When I first saw one of these boats I thought it was a NorthRiver, but there are a few differences that you can see when you start looking closely at them - fishboxes, transom, interior, etc. I wonder if they are made by a former NR employee like the Hewescraft & Raider boats relationship - close but not identical.
    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856

Thats a really nice looking boat. Im not sure I would want to deal with Marita though, and Im sure that their prices are really nice...

Quote Originally Posted by akdeweyj View Post
    I wonder if they are made by a former NR employee like the Hewescraft & Raider boats relationship - close but not identical.
    I talked to one of the guys from RiverHawk at last year's Anchor's Away Boat Show. He said he used to work for Boulton. I didn't see any particular mention of Boulton on their website, but I did see mention of Mike Zoller's past experience with Alumaweld & Jetcraft.

I think they kind of look like a kingfisher
    Boatless

Any idea on price? I tried doing a few searches and came up empty handed

Quote Originally Posted by FISHFACE View Post
    I think they kind of look like a kingfisher
    I thought the exact same thing. Real nice looking boat, I would like to see one up close. Very curious as to the pricetag, might be worth a trip down south.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronster View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Real nice looking boat, I would like to see one up close. Very curious as to the pricetag, might be worth a trip down south.
    found this review, they didn't even mention pricing. I think this tend to lean more on the expensive side...
    http://www.nwsportsmanmag.com/2011/1...-by-riverhawk/

Then I found this, and was a bit surprised... not nearly as bad as I first had thought.
    http://medford-or.yachtsofnorthameri..._17239616.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dan in Alaska View Post
    ...but I did see mention of Mike Zoller's past experience with Alumaweld & Jetcraft.
    CG site says Zoller purchased the remains of Harborcraft/Jetcraft in '03 as Ameriflex Engineering LLC. Looks like he then changed the name to River Hawk in '06.

Unsure if there's any association with this outfit of the same name. http://www.riverhawkboats.com/boats.htm
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Down here is seattle Cabelas carries them. They seem to be on the lower end of the pricing scale. My FIL bought a Cabelas by Riverhawk and the hull its self seems to be ok in the last couple years. Most of the hardware has rusted since it isn't stainless and all the the flooring has shed the painted on nonslip coating.

I wasn't impressed with fit and finish on the sea hawks, but it was indicative of the price point I guess.