Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snowmobile registration

Default Snowmobile registration

Don't forget you need to carry a copy of your snowmobile registration, if you get stop by a Trooper he/she will give you a ticket for not having one.

Default Re: Snowmobile registration

Lol who here has ever been stopped and checked?

sent from my igloo

Quote Originally Posted by ak_cowboy View Post
    Lol who here has ever been stopped and checked?

sent from my igloo
    I've been checked quite a few times. Also don't even think about riding parts of Unit 13 without tags and registration.

Turnagain Pass, Johnson Pass, Seward. I've been checked in every location last winter.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Not just stickers? Bummer I'll have to dig it out. I guess I've ridden in low enforcement areas...

Quote Originally Posted by fishslayer View Post
    Not just stickers? Bummer I'll have to dig it out. I guess I've ridden in low enforcement areas...
    Enforcement can come at any trailhead, any time.

never had it and never been stopped or checked.
    Semper Fi!

I've been checked several times and they've never asked for a copy of the registration, just looked at the stickers.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Enforcement can come at any trailhead, any time.

TRUE!!! nuff said
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

The only place I have ever been checked was Hatchers Pass, but I have been checked there 2-3 times. Seems like they are always looking for stolen sleds and check registrations as a way of taking a look at your sled.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Don't forget you need to carry a copy of your snowmobile registration, if you get stop by a Trooper he/she will give you a ticket for not having one.
    Is that only for snowMOBILES, or do you need them for any snowMACHINE...???.............sorry, just couldn't resist...lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Is that only for snowMOBILES, or do you need them for any snowMACHINE...???.............sorry, just couldn't resist...lol
    Actually the fine print can be a bit grey. Adding tracks to an ATV for winter travel can qualify as needing snow registration and tags.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

what if theres no snow like this year and your driving your atv, is it a certian month they require you to pay for snowbile reg on your 3 wheeler or what? i aint paying it anyhow either way.
    Semper Fi!

I am exempt out here. I just say NO!
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Registration is required on public lands. If you only drive on your private property, you are "exempt".

If you ever ride on groomed trails, please buy the registration. It's only $10 and the money goes right into the state's trail maintenance funds to pay for the clearing and grooming of snowmachine trails.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

I will not go into my rant on the Snow machine registration. But for you folks with ATV's you should know that the Alaska outdoors council had a blurp about trying to get the same thing past the legislator for you.
    Tim

I don't think I've ever even SEEN a groomed trail while out riding...

i agree, they dont do anything ive seen, where are these secret groomed trails all this moneys going to? are they in anchorage on hillside or something for the rich folks?
    Semper Fi!

These moneys are not only used for grooming trails but also for getting trails set asside and cutting back brush and such. Also for trail markers and trail head sign's . All trail users should be in favor even if they only ride atv's . As trails get closed off they never reopen to the public.

Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by mit View Post
    I will not go into my rant on the Snow machine registration. But for you folks with ATV's you should know that the Alaska outdoors council had a blurp about trying to get the same thing past the legislator for you.
    That's funny, we've been paying for our snowmachine AND 4 wheeler registrations for quite some time now. Even had to register the canoe to use that too, then they gave up on that one after a few years.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast