Thread: Bow case for pack frame

Default Bow case for pack frame

Since I am sitting here in Texas bored to death I am looking at gear improvements. I was thinking of sewing up a bow case with attachments (nylon straps, buckles) that I could attach to the outside of my pack to protect the bow, sites and string going up mountains. In the mean time I found this. Looks like the ideal solution. Made for packing in on a horse it seems easily modified.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/large..._229326_999_01

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Take a look at the eberlestock packs with the butt bucket attachment. See if those would work better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ak68 View Post
    Take a look at the eberlestock packs with the butt bucket attachment. See if those would work better for you.
    Those look like day packs. Could not carry enough for a sheep hunt with them. My bow is usually strapped to the outside of my pack, on the back. But that leaves a lot of possibilities for damage.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Bow case for pack frame

I put mine in my game bags. Now into one and then that into another then strap or put inside of main pack. Protects but not accessible but in southeast gettin to alpine can be a b$&ch

those things get heavy Dave! besides what good is a bow strapped to your pack anyways LOL!

I heeded that warning years back when a COL E... made the comment about coming up on 2 big rams 20 or so yards out, longbow broke down in his pack. Hence the bows I carry in sheep country look like they've been through a cheese grator spit out and rehit with the ditch whitch for good measure. I made the mistake on a nice double broomer at no more than 15yards...bow in one hand, quiver, rain jacket, and tripod in the other, nothing I could do but watch. Tried slowly setting things down had an arrow on the string and wamo he knew the gigwas up and vamoosed! never again....ever! Though I do carry the longbow broke down the valley floors. It keeps me from making an honest mistake like trying to kill a bou 3 days hike in from the road with 2 major river crossings invovled haha! Lord knows its saved me a few times now.

We need to talk about those goats when you get back up here!