Thread: Deleted Threads

Administrator

Default Deleted Threads

We have deleted what appears to have been a popular thread in our shooting forum. The thread was reported by a member of the site, and upon reviewing it, it is clear that the thread was mostly political in nature. Though politics and shooting sports are intertwined to a degree, we believe this thread went too far into both politics and personal attacks. Our apologies for not noticing the thread sooner and taking action.

Admin

While the purpose of the forum is clear, perhaps we need a gun related area where there can be civil discussion of what appears to be an important topic. Most of us being mature adults, we can probably have meaningful discourse without stepping over the line. Without this arena, there will undoubtedly be more discussion of this nature and if it offends others on the forum, they can simply avoid reading it. Seems like a simple solution to discuss areas which may affect all outdoors men (persons)....something to consider.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

That was tried some years ago, but there are always the few who cannot resist the personal attack.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    we can probably have meaningful discourse without stepping over the line.
    Unfortunately, that has been proven over and over to not be true.

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    Unfortunately, that has been proven over and over to not be true.
    Are you calling him a Liar.......hehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Are you calling him a Liar.......hehehehehe
    Exhibit "A"......

There is a "2nd amendment and gun control" permanent thread at the top of the page. This is the "alaska shooting" page. I really don't see the problem here, except some folks not remaining civil..... and not following the posted rules. Seems like some folks don't read what they have written BEFORE clicking the "post quick reply" tab.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    We have deleted what appears to have been a popular thread in our shooting forum. The thread was reported by a member of the site, and upon reviewing it, it is clear that the thread was mostly political in nature. Though politics and shooting sports are intertwined to a degree, we believe this thread went too far into both politics and personal attacks. Our apologies for not noticing the thread sooner and taking action.

Admin
    You must prefer "UNpopular" threads.

Or perhaps, an unpopular forum.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

....I clearly jumped to an unfounded conclusion....back to my bucket list and more important things.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.