Thread: A Coon Tale!

Default A Coon Tale!

First set I checked today was a DP trap set for coons on a timbered ridgeline. Had a very nice boar in it, second in a row, but he had no tail! Upon closer inspection it had been freshly removed, tail bone and all, and I mean freshly!!! Apparently a coyote was preparing to feast on my catch and we must have run it off as we appraoched - that would have been very cool to see if we had had an open area to view. I bet the coon thought great, help has arrived - oh crapola!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Out of the skillet, into the fire? So dumb me, could you take the coon carcass back to the same place, and make a coyote set out of it now? Obviously the coyote did not mind the trap the coon was in. Maybe he would not mind another one?
    ARR

Quote Originally Posted by Ak River Rat View Post
    Out of the skillet, into the fire? So dumb me, could you take the coon carcass back to the same place, and make a coyote set out of it now? Obviously the coyote did not mind the trap the coon was in. Maybe he would not mind another one?
    ARR
    Hi AK River Rat, mr coyote will likely be back and I should be able to pick him up with a flat set nearby. A cacass could work but here in IL we have to keep our traps 30feet min away from exposed bait on dryland sets. I may wire a caarcass to a small tree nearby and set multiple sets as a coyote working on the carcass will liekle invite company!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....