Thread: Geskakmina Lake ATV Access

Default Geskakmina Lake ATV Access

I bought some land on the Geskakmina River west of Nenana. I am planning a trip and hoping to get in there during the summer to build a small cabin. Is it possible to ATV in if I was dropped off a few miles south of the Tanana on the Kantishna? What is the terrain like in summer? Any hope on getting a trailer behind an ATV? I read here the commisioners line trail runs to the Kantishna, and winter access is a given. Any info on the area will be helpful!

Thanks!
    Trevor

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

How far from the lake is your land? There is a winter trail into the lake, not aware of a summer access trail. Most people fly floats into the lake in the summer and skiis in the winter. People do Snowmachine from Manley in the Winter/Spring....

Let me be blunt here. I know people that have cabins out there and they didn't build them by hauling in material in summer over land and I don't think they would appreciate someone doing that. I suggest you contact your neighbors and ask for advice.
    Tim

This post is almost a yr old. The original poster has 2 posts and last was on here Nov of last yr.... Just sayin
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by mjm316 View Post
    This post is almost a yr old. The original poster has 2 posts and last was on here Nov of last yr.... Just sayin
    DOH!!!! I hate it when that happens!! Nothing new at the lake I was just out there.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by mjm316 View Post
    Maybe he's still stuck on his ATV trying to get to the lake.