Thread: 2 fox and a yote

Default 2 fox and a yote

A bit of success here. First picture is a pair of reds I took. Called in 6 fox that day but could only connect on these two. Three of em I was never able to get a shot at and one I missed at 160 yards. One of these guys came screaming in and lept from about 5 yards away and attacked my Fury. Was able to turn, bark, stopping him for a moment to take him at less than 10 yards. The second was taken at about 60 yards.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fox 6&7.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	65743

This coyote came in to about 150 yards and hung up. I slipped my hand call into my mouth and gave him a few squeaks to close some more distance. Got him into about 85 yards where I plugged him. He spun about 3 times, ran 20 yards and had his final dance. Lesson learned from this... when hand calling, leave the call in your mouth the entire time to limit how much movement you have to make when the critter is there. Doing it this this way probably would've bagged me a few more fox than just the two. This is the first animal after doing a paint job on my Tikka. I had called in another coyote prior to this guy but he was on some ice with an open lead between me and him and didn't trust the ice enough to take him. Let him walk and snuck out to keep from spooking. I'll get back in there to bag him at a later time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coyote 3.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	65742

Congrats! What call were you using?

I mix up my calls through each set. Once I figure out something that works, I'll stick with it for a while. I can't remember what sounds I was using that day with the fox. The coyote was done with a hand call. Again, I've got a few different hand calls I use and mix up all the time.

Great job! thats a good looking yote. I am still striking out. Not sure what I am doin wrong but gonna try a new spot Saturday see if my luck changes.