Thread: what are the best clothes to predator hunt

Default what are the best clothes to predator hunt

So what is the best clothes to walk in predator hunt. i figure with the sitting you need something that holds your heat. What are you finding works and where can they be found. Also approximate cost thanks boot ideas also

I wear the same outer layers I do in the summer and fall (pants shells and coat shell), I simply add under layers, a pair of poly pro pants, poly pro shirt, fleece pants, fleece sweatshirt. For snow camo I bought a XXL white hoodie at Walmart ($15.00) and drew some willow branches with a black sharpie, the Lynx I got last Sunday never knew I was there.

My feet run hot anyhow so I get away with some 200 gram thinsulate gortex hunting boots, nothing special.

Lastly get yourself a chunk of foam to sit on, 2 inch house insulation type foam works great and your butt won't get cold.

I stay on stand up to 30 minutes or until I get cold, then I move again, otherwise your overdressed while your hiking and under dressed while your sitting.

carharts.....
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

I wear Carhartt bibs or ski pants and a sweatshirt while I hike/ski/ or whatever....when I sit on the stand I sit or kneel on foam board and I usually put on a down coat with my top cover over it.

No way I could wear something that would keep warm sitting while I'm hiking- I'd just fry. The down compresses very small into my pack or my pulk so it's pretty easy to get around with.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Default what are the best clothes to predator hunt

To me bunny boots are a must. My hunts used to end when my feet got cold. And they are white.

One of my most important layers is my fold up foam bleacher seat. It is a tad bulky, but then I'm not walking that far, and will fold out long enough to lay on it needed. I can sit on that thing for a long time and stay warm. Other than that, I layer my poly pro depending on temps, wool or synthetic pants, heavy fleece top, vest, (fleece or heavy pleated depending on temps) bibs, jacket or coat, balaclava and or billed fleece hat w/ ear flaps, glove liners, big over mits, and normally bunny boots. My whites are just a pair of old GI overwhites. They are about as thick as a bed sheet, so no real insulation value there. I tend to overhear quickly, so tend to go lighter than heavy on the clothes. If my feet, core, and head stay warm (which we all know) then I don't care if my arms or legs get cool. It's only going to be 25 minutes or so, then I'll get warrmed up walking again.
    And handwarmers round out the rest of it.
    ARR

I just posted about my first wolf...i was wearing my carhartt brown coveralls and a red and black carharrt coat with a snow camo overcoat....if you can set yourself up in dense foliage like i was able to do, i dont think it matters what you are wearing. The wolf i shot looked directly at me and she kept on going. As long as it is somewhat blending in with the surroundings i think you will be ok.