Thread: Is this moose legal?

Default Is this moose legal?

I probably posted this last year. Was tempted to bring him in the garage

In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

he is just trying to warm his nose

Isn't that the bull that usually hangs out on the API grounds?

Did he have a squirrel with him?
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Nice! I'd have to see the right side, though.

That is a DLP for sure.. lucky he didn't bite your arm off... you got away with one..lol

Did he actually let you pet his nose...???
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Back to the original question, based on the one side I can see I would say no, not legal unless in an any-bull area. The other side that is not fully visible may be legal, however, I would need to see it clearly to know. The one side that is visible clearly has 3 points, thus not a fork.

Agree with Anchskier, but more importantly, what were you cooking to lure him in?
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

i shot a legal 3 by 3 moose one time, as long as a third point on eather side is wider than it is long it is legal, this moose does not appear to be legal based on the side visible

No he is clearly illegal, he's trespassing in your house. If you'da shot him they would have let you walk as this way clearly a B&E. Must be a rough neighborhood when even the moose break in at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Man View Post
    Agree with Anchskier, but more importantly, what were you cooking to lure him in?
    Last thanksgiving he was on our porch eating frozen pumpkins from halloween. My wife opened the window to take pictures and he just came over and stuck his nose in. Did it for several minutes. I think he'd been fed before. He let me touch him with absolutly no issues. Was really cool, but I had to really stress to the kids that you NEVER go and pet a wild animal.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Quote Originally Posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
    I probably posted this last year. Was tempted to bring him in the garage

That's funny you say that.....

I remember a story I heard long ago...... A pretty nice, (out of season) bull had been hanging around this guy's place for awhile. One day this guy was working in the garage with the overhead door open. The bull was in the driveway, so the guy threw some vegies out to it and he wandered up and started eating them. This gave the guy an idea. He figured he'd just keep feeding it and lure the bull right on into the garage, and when it was in far enough he'd close the door, shoot it, clean it, and nobody would be the wiser. He'd have himself a moose for the deep freeze.

All was going according to plan as the moose came in closer and closer. When finally the bull was in the garage, the guy hit the button and the door closed behind him. The bull was so busy eating that he didn't notice the door close. The guy picked up his rifle, took aim, and...."click"....he had forgotten the rifle was unloaded. He quickly ran into the house to look for some shells....where are they? By this time the bull had run out of food, looked up and realized he was trapped. While the guy was looking for some shells, he heard all kinds of noise coming from the garage. Without finding any bullets, he figured he better see what all the noise was about. As he entered the garage, the bull had lowered his head again and charged for the wall that held a window that the bull could see daylight coming through. Now in a panic, the guy ran back into the house frantically looking for the ammo. As he searched, he continued hearing from the garage.....CRASH....CRASH.....CRASH...!!! Finally he had found some shells and headed towards the garage. As he approached the door he noticed things had gotten quiet and thought the bull had finally settled down. Bringing his rifle to his shoulder he peered around the corner only to find daylight where a wall once stood. The bull had taken out drywall, studs, insulation, and siding, on his way out to freedom.

I would have to say once he makes it in the garage he is legal, but only if you have the rifle loaded up first. Don't want to end up like 4merguides story. Heard one like that about some guys that lassoed a swimming moose and thought they would shoot it once it got on dry land. Yeah the moose hit bottom before they thought and that sudden increase in angle lifted the canoe and they fell out and since they tied the canoe to the moose it went with the moose into the forest. Needless to say they found what was left of their once nice aluminum canoe the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    I remember a story I heard long ago...... A pretty nice, (out of season) bull had been hanging around this guy's place for awhile. One day this guy was working in the garage with the overhead door open. The bull was in the driveway, so the guy threw some vegies out to it and he wandered up and started eating them. This gave the guy an idea. He figured he'd just keep feeding it and lure the bull right on into the garage, and when it was in far enough he'd close the door, shoot it, clean it, and nobody would be the wiser. He'd have himself a moose for the deep freeze.
    4merguide,

How much did it cost to repair your garage?!?
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
    Last thanksgiving he was on our porch eating frozen pumpkins from halloween. My wife opened the window to take pictures and he just came over and stuck his nose in. Did it for several minutes. I think he'd been fed before. He let me touch him with absolutly no issues. Was really cool, but I had to really stress to the kids that you NEVER go and pet a wild animal.
    have you seen him hangin around this year?

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    I would have to say once he makes it in the garage he is legal, but only if you have the rifle loaded up first. Don't want to end up like 4merguides story. Heard one like that about some guys that lassoed a swimming moose and thought they would shoot it once it got on dry land. Yeah the moose hit bottom before they thought and that sudden increase in angle lifted the canoe and they fell out and since they tied the canoe to the moose it went with the moose into the forest. Needless to say they found what was left of their once nice aluminum canoe the next day.
    Believe it or not, I heard that story too.....

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Man View Post
    4merguide,

How much did it cost to repair your garage?!?
    Nope not my garage. That also reminds me......did any of you guys see those pics that have been around for awhile now, of that little old lady that used to let a full grown cow moose in her house all the time...???