Thread: Wolf Derbys????

Default Wolf Derbys????

Novel idea...
    http://www.adn.com/2012/11/20/269934...opular#wgt=pop

I can just imagine the reactions of some here! LOL Just glad Canadians thought of this first!
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

...and yet there's no outrage about the big buck contests, the big moose/caribou/sheep contests etc. I think the deer, moose, caribou and sheep should be offended! What about all those innocent giant pumpkins, cabbages, watermellons etc, etc, etc that people so mercilessly rip from their vines and put out on display at the fair just so strangers can gawk at them? Oh the horror of it all!!!

You would think the greeneies would be ecstatic about this. If we take the big wolves out of the gene pool, the average size of wolf would get smaller right? Assuming no change in prey availability, smaller wolves would need less prey, so more prey available would mean more wolves!
    Heck, Sierra Club should be sponsoring these! :-)
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org

Novel idea, for sure, but getting the woofs to cooperate is the tricky part. And throw in the locating them, etc.

I thought it was going to be something like coyote derbys in Texas where you go after them with heavy duty off shore rigs and chicken for bait while setting in a fighting chair in the back of the truck.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

TheWolfWatching

Wolf derbys? Really?!?!
    I can barely understand big buck contests. But not wolf derby contest. Not contest winners for the largest wolf and the smallest also. Really?!?!
    GRrrrrrrrrrr!

On short vacation outside of home in AK. Green grass, warm temps, longer hours of daylight. Priceless.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

boycott tourism on the AK highway.. during the months.. most business are closed, and no one visits anyway..

by the time spring rolls around, this will have blown to the wayside.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolfWatching View Post
    Wolf derbys? Really?!?!
    I can barely understand big buck contests. But not wolf derby contest. Not contest winners for the largest wolf and the smallest also. Really?!?!
    GRrrrrrrrrrr!

On short vacation outside of home in AK. Green grass, warm temps, longer hours of daylight. Priceless.
    Did you get banned?

LOL...I noticed the low post count too.

I'd be all for a big wolf contest. Could have the awards at Fur Rondy in Anchorage. Official weigh stations at various places in the state.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Heck yea...............have a few in Alaska..............we need Ralph Seekins!

Ms. Watching...............there's no prize for the large moose who are run down by the rut and fall to wolves. Neither is there a prize for the small moose, the calves, who also fall to wolves. Are you also mad about that?
    It's a tough world for all of us............humans prey on wolves, and for valid reasons. Nothing wrong with that!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

AniWahaya

MT, with all due respect.... You might cause offense to the 'new' Wolfwatching by calling the individual Ms.. :-) gentlemen, I don't think the Wolfwatching would have taken the topic so passively.
    Thewolfwatching, I'll be your huckleberry.. Care to dance?

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Heck yea...............have a few in Alaska..............we need Ralph Seekins!

Ms. Watching...............there's no prize for the large moose who are run down by the rut and fall to wolves. Neither is there a prize for the small moose, the calves, who also fall to wolves. Are you also mad about that?
    It's a tough world for all of us............humans prey on wolves, and for valid reasons. Nothing wrong with that!

AniWahaya

Honor is priceless and it has nothing to do with stealing the identity of another person.. I can speak for myself and need no one to initiate it for me! Thought I'd let it go but...
    The wolf populations are in rapid decline, the coyote population is up.. Pick your evil.. Taking the greatest genetics out of any species gene pool is foolish at best.. Smallest and the largest? Reminds me of neanderal mentality.. Not that I expect much more.
    Wolf derbys? Really?!?!
    GRrrrrrrrrrr!

AniWahaya

As IF I would pay attention to something as stupid as a "Big Buck Contest." I don't even know wth that IS... Foolish YOU! Pretend to be me!
    Wolf derbys? Really?!?!
    GRrrrrrrrrrr!

AniWahaya

Not that I was aware of!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Did you get banned?

That's awesome! Great idea! Wonder if the "boycott" will ever materialize?

AniWahaya

Unlikely..
    Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post
    That's awesome! Great idea! Wonder if the "boycott" will ever materialize?

They don't care if the boycott happens or not, they just want a new "cause" to beg for money for. But isn't it time for them to recycle the baby seal thing? Kinda miss those pics.... :-)
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org